Redhawk Caldera What does the heart desire
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The title sounded so grandiose and he delivered it with an understated note of pride. Meerkat blinked. A what now? She had never heard the term before, though his subsequent remarks lent it some context. It sounded like he was a mercenary type. She knew her mother would approve, especially with brand new lives to defend. Doubtless they could use another able-bodied adult, regardless of his particular skills.

Her lips pursed. Was there something more she could ask? Should she press him for more of his background and history? What would mom do? What would dad do? Meerkat thought to herself. Surely her parents handled things a little differently at the borders. She was probably much more like Phox, a naturally laid-back diplomat versus an aloof interrogator who was rough around the edges.

But Meerkat hoped to meet in the middle as she blew out a breath and mulled an executive decision. "I see no reason why we can't offer you a home, Sifaka," the yearling said, "although it's not ordinarily up to me. My parents are the leaders here. My dad, Phox, is away and my mom, Towhee, just delivered a litter. So I'll act on their behalf and tentatively accept you.

That said,"
Meerkat continued pointedly in the next breath, "please make a point to introduce yourself to them at the first opportunity. I'll let my mom know everything you've told me about yourself and she'll likely want to meet you as soon as she's able so she can vet you herself. Does that sound like a plan?"
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
What does the heart desire - by Sifaka - April 02, 2021, 07:29 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Meerkat - April 06, 2021, 11:22 AM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Sifaka - April 06, 2021, 07:13 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Meerkat - April 06, 2021, 07:30 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Sifaka - April 07, 2021, 06:34 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Meerkat - April 07, 2021, 06:48 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Sifaka - April 07, 2021, 09:20 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Meerkat - April 07, 2021, 09:38 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Sifaka - April 08, 2021, 06:05 PM
RE: What does the heart desire - by Meerkat - April 08, 2021, 06:18 PM