Duskfire Glacier colors and shapes, the imaginary
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,949 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Oblivious to any awkwardness, Meerkat looked around and tried to see the territory through fresh eyes. She had only lived here since the summer, yet she knew the place pretty intimately by now. It really was quite lovely, with a lot of variation in the terrain so even a scout like her never grew bored.

"I prefer the lower reaches myself, though you've gotta check out the views," Meerkat quipped in reply. "And don't forget to picture your ancestors making the same climb you're about to take," she reminded him cheerily, winking.

After taking a quick drink herself, Meerkat motioned them onward. She found the least treacherous footpath the glacier offered, which would take them on a winding, scenic route. She went slowly for her own sake as well as her guest's, pausing often to point out something noteworthy in the distance.

Finally, they made it to the pinnacle of the colossal block of ice. Off to the east, they would find a place called Ice Grotto. Meerkat pointed it out to Njord but didn't venture closer. "I've only gone there once or twice. I always feel like an endangered species when I'm there. I hear you can find your way through the glacier itself down into the hollows next door." She shook her head. "No thank you."

But she did guide him west, toward Duskfire Plain. "Someone told me this was specifically a lake before it froze. So, I guess you could say we have our own private ice skating rink all year round. Bet you don't have one of those at Sapphique." Meerkat chortled.

"Now we'll make our way to Greyfall Caverns. They work sort of the same way as the grotto but they don't feel quite as treacherous. I don't feel like a giant ice cube is going to fall on my head at any moment when I'm down there. One of the biggest caves actually has a skylight and a waterfall. It's probably my favorite feature of this place."

When they made their way there, Meerkat decided to take another break and let Njord enjoy the sight of the sunlight pouring in through the opening and causing rainbows to dance through the misty air. The noise was something else, with the acoustics. The thunder of the waterfall pounded off the rock walls and bounced back and forth, making conversation nearly impossible. She idly wished he knew ptero.

When he was ready, the yearling led him through some more subterranean tunnels and eventually they emerged at the foot of the glacier, on the edge of Bosk Iana. "Tada!" Meerkat declared, spinning around to face Njord. "That concludes the tour of Duskfire Glacier."
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 16, 2021, 10:14 AM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 16, 2021, 12:52 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 03:41 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 04:11 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 07:20 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 07:32 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 22, 2021, 08:03 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 22, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - November 23, 2021, 03:59 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Meerkat - November 28, 2021, 03:25 PM
RE: colors and shapes, the imaginary - by Njord - December 01, 2021, 11:39 PM