Dragoncrest Cliffs sing me a song of a lass that is gone
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She settled a sandy paw on the slain rabbit at her feet, an idea occurring to her. She'd brought it with the intention to break her fast with Njord to commemorate this joyous morning. But perhaps Meerkat should offer it to the leaders, a gift of goodwill? She was still deliberating this when the man himself appeared, galloping toward her in a way that could only be called majestic, at least until he came closer and suddenly became all giddy silliness.

She laughed as he danced around her, rump high and fiery tail waving. She was just considering bowing back when he leaped toward her and pulled her into a hug. Meerkat let out happy cackle of surprise, which simmered into a hum as she pressed her face into him. Njord's words made her belly dip and swoop and she clutched at him all the more tightly, suddenly overwhelmed. How had she gotten so lucky?

He let her hold onto him as long as she needed. Meerkat reluctantly pulled away, though before she went very far, she leaned to give him a kiss right on the mouth, complete with a theatrical, "Mwa!" Her honeyed eyes danced as she took another step backward, giving him room to relay his message to Sapphique. It made her heart smile, the slight tone of pride in his laddish song, and the immediate sense of belonging it implied.

One of the first voices to raise in welcome belonged to Erzulie, who materialized not long afterward to offer a more personal reception. "Hello, captain," Meerkat said, remembering the title from her very first rendezvous with Erzulie and Njord. Her lips twitched as she turned decisively and plucked up the rabbit, offering it to the leader with a bow of her head. "Thanks for coming to meet with me. This is for you. I also have a resume, if you'd like me to go over it," she offered lightly, tail waving as she exchanged a glance of utmost fondness with Njord.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - January 11, 2022, 08:11 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Njord - January 12, 2022, 04:32 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Erzulie - January 12, 2022, 05:19 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - January 12, 2022, 06:21 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Sobo - January 14, 2022, 01:56 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - January 16, 2022, 12:29 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Njord - February 03, 2022, 12:31 AM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Erzulie - February 03, 2022, 02:54 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 03, 2022, 03:17 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - February 12, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 13, 2022, 09:55 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Chacal - February 20, 2022, 05:38 PM
RE: sing me a song of a lass that is gone - by Meerkat - February 21, 2022, 10:00 AM