Dragoncrest Cliffs silver grave
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Mireille’s answer made her heart squeeze in two very distinct ways. On one hand, she thought the girl would make a very good mother and she truly hoped she would get to experience it. On the other, jealousy gripped her upon hearing just how many women might seek motherhood come spring, nearly all of them outranking herself.

In the end, the Obsidian advised them to seek Chacal for counsel instead. Meerkat had never wondered why Mireille was leader over her elder sister until this moment. She still loved her and respected her position, though suddenly she felt like she’d made a mistake in seeking her counsel in this. Disquieted by the course of the conversation, she could only bite at her lip and nod, looking over at Njord.

Okay, Meerkat conceded after letting out a breath, feeling more worked up than before this conversation and trying not to show it. I think you’d be a great mother, for what it’s worth, she managed to add, eyes still soft but mouth hard and uncooperative, even when she remembered that if Mireille bore bairns, that would make Njord a grandfather.

Thanks for your time, Mireille, was all there was left to say before Meerkat bumped the young Obsidian’s chin, exchanged a look with Njord and took her leave.

She knew her husband might want to talk about what they’d just discussed but if he made any attempt, she only shook her head at him, her eyes begging, Later… Perhaps Mireille was right and they should speak with Chacal. But right now, she felt wrong-footed. She would need some time.

Last post from me.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
silver grave - by Meerkat - November 07, 2022, 11:25 AM
RE: silver grave - by Njord - November 07, 2022, 01:06 PM
RE: silver grave - by Mireille - November 09, 2022, 02:09 PM
RE: silver grave - by Meerkat - November 09, 2022, 07:21 PM
RE: silver grave - by Njord - November 10, 2022, 12:14 PM
RE: silver grave - by Mireille - November 11, 2022, 09:33 PM
RE: silver grave - by Meerkat - November 13, 2022, 09:06 PM
RE: silver grave - by Njord - November 14, 2022, 09:07 PM
RE: silver grave - by Mireille - November 28, 2022, 08:49 PM
RE: silver grave - by Meerkat - November 28, 2022, 09:05 PM
RE: silver grave - by Njord - December 07, 2022, 12:03 AM