Dragoncrest Cliffs Chagren
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
All Welcome 
Etienne traveled along the pack lands. Body lower to the ground, hiding in the shadows. Every so often if anyone looked they would see a glitter of his golden eyes as he walked. Silent. Sad.

He had no words, though he knew many to describe what he felt. He missed his brother certainly, Req had been there before they were born and after. He had been quiet and went along at the beat of his own drum, but Eti still missed him. And Manman was so sad, and Suzu was so scared. The little masked boy wasn't certain what to make of it all.

So like a wraith he traveled, listening. Learning. Staying hidden. The vibrations a comfort and an obsession that traveled beneath his feet. He had even grown a gait accustomed to the movements under as he followed them.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille was protective over the pups. the pack seemed slowly to recover but the young obsidian was concerned for the winter.
she tracked after the boy, breaking into a trot that soon overtook him. "what be ya doin', eti?" mireille asked, glancing skyward and then around them. her emerald eyes were intrigued.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
]

His auntie was as protective of him as his mom. And though he didn't spend as much time with her as Granme Rosalyn. She was a figure he enjoyed seeing.

He lifted his golden eyes to her face and leaned forward to curl around her leg and side.

Just walkin' matant. Is 'eavy in da den. So much sadness. An I don't like it.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille chuffed softly, leaning forward to pull him closer. "tell me about de t'ings dat be makin' you happy, eti."
she wanted to speak with him, to help the boy shed the melancholy which seemed to cling to them all.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne furrowed his tiny little brow, as he clung to his auntie's side and leg. He brushed his little face against her side and her leg. Tilting his ear near her heart. So he could hear the soft sound of something that was only hers.

I like de sounds. Sometimes dey be too loud. But i like dem all da same. I like vibrations w'en you talk and sing and just everyone's vibrations. I don't know how to esplain it.

he held up his paws and then set them down, pressed hard into the dirt. Suzu and T'eo make me 'appy. You and unc Sobo and granme's make me 'appy. I like crabs an sticks and water. But Granme says to be careful of de sea, that her takes as quick as her gives.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
his little voice was so sweet. he looked like her mother, and it was erzulie's accent coming out of his mouth. mireille felt her eyes touched by tears to hear him speak in such a way of his home. etienne was a devoted boy, and already the sea loved him.
"granme is right," she said with a little sniffle, swiping at her eyes. "be careful. you will learn to swim in t'ose waters, same as any of us. but we must be cautious. offer her sometin', a gift."
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne, didn't think much on who he looked like or why. He was just himself. Sure he could see the similarities, especially as he got older. But he didn't understand the significance of it yet.

He looked up at her and rubbed his head against her side again. You okay Matant?

He didn't understand why she was crying, or wiping at her eyes. Had he said something wrong. Little ears wiggled as he tried to understand.

A gift? So like w'en I get suzu a seashell cause her likes them? Or I get T'eo big sticks cause 'e likes to pull on dem?
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille laughed and nodded. "yes, i am good. an' you be t'inking same as me, eti. find somet'in dat you like, dat be important to you. give dat to de sea."
wasn't that how maman did it?
"come on. i will help you."
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
His ears hit his skull and he shook his head. but I like my family. I can't give dem to teh sea, Matant!

In his mind, there was nothing that he liked more than his family, he couldn't give them to the sea. He peered up at her, worried.

Can i give it somet'ing dat i don't like as much as all of you? Cause dis would make me very sad.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille laughed. "of course! you do not have to give t'ose dat you love." she reached to brush his small head and then moved on. "have you started swimmin' yet, eti?" she wondered how losing his brother even briefly had affected his regard of the sea. "we cannae have you sad!"
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
771 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Her laughter filled his heart with gladness and he smiled softly. He was glad he didn't have to give his family. That would have been awful, and he supposed thinking it now through. It was a little silly to have thought of such a thing to begin with, but well.

Words danced back to him as he trotted to keep up. No, granme taug't me of de tide pools dough, and de t'ings dat swim beneath. Is swimming 'ard?

He brushed along her side a gentle smile on his face, excitement in his golden eyes. He would like to learn to swim.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
fade? <3

"at first, yes, but den it be easier an' easier. come wid me," mireille instructed. "today we get your feet wet."
she would lead him to the surf, and under her watchful eye and that of erzulie who had come to observe, they would all stand upon the salt, and she would show the little boy how the sands trailed back with the rich waves.