Hushed Willows we used to be close but people can go from people you know to people you don’t
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The stranger was the first to speak. Meerkat looked at him blearily, suddenly realizing just how vulnerable she was right now. She was outnumbered by men who might not have the friendliest of intentions. Furthermore, there was a bear out there somewhere with a taste for her family’s blood.

She sucked her lower lip into her mouth and tried to blink her vision clear, watery gaze sweeping to Val and back to the swarthy man with eyes that reminded her of her older son. He asked her if she was hurt, then offered a name and a listening ear.

Yes, she wanted to say, I’m hurting. But that much was painfully obvious.

No, Meerkat mumbled, thank you… but… She sighed, then hiccuped before completing her thought. There’s nothing anyone can do, she said quietly, looking away, eyes downcast.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: we used to be close but people can go from people you know to people you don’t - by Meerkat - January 19, 2023, 07:16 PM