Stone Circle We were right 'til we weren't
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,096 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
All Welcome 

A pack was living at Easthollow. Her hope soared. Was it her family? Anyone she knew? The woman edged closer, with some confidence. But as soon as her nose caught the scent. The female stopped. It was different. She smelled the scent marks again. Her hope shifted into doubt. Her red eyes scanned over what she could see, it looked familiar. This had been her home for so long. Especially this meadow side of the territory.

Arlette hesitated but then howled. A soft request. She was curious, curious who lived here now. If they were unfriendly then she could always make herself scarce. If they were kind... maybe they knew what happened to the previous pack. She knew her mother had died here. Her brother had told her. Perhaps the pack just disbanded with their matriarch. Still, her life had begun here. Perhaps she could get a glimpse of that happy childhood.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar moved towards the call that curled around the pack lands. An albino she wolf. Her scent was familiar to the scent that had clung at the borders a few times by the wolf that called for Inkeri. But she had always taken the wolf away from the borders.

He greeted with a smile. And spoke both common and Icelandic finding that many spoke icelandic and Nordic, as of late. Though if she spoke Nordic, he would need to call the ink and paper girl, Inkeri.

So he greeted Hello In both languages.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
372 Posts
Ooc —
skippable pls!! just assuming she's hanging behind gunnar unless spoken to in which case re-tag me :)

a pale woman, tattered by time beyond bjarna's own.

she was intrigued, charmed. a woman like that surely came bearing many stories on her tongue! the only problem would be understanding.

so it was good that her father had arrived first with common words upon his tongue.

she merely stood as a small polar bear guardian at his flank.

yet still her gaze was warmed with curiosity upon the woman.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,096 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was soon greeted by a male after she howled. He carried an agouti pelt and carried himself like the one that was leading the pack. There was no spark of recognition from him or within herself. He was a stranger. But that didn't mean they might not be familiar with Easthollow. Arlette licked his lips.

"Hello," she greeted back in common. She noticed a pale female too, standing behind the male. Arlette dipped her head in greeting to the female. She kept her head lower, out of respect. The man wasn't very forward with his name so it was clear she had to do the talking. "Is this Easthollow still?," she asked, her tone hopeful.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
He tilted his head. Trying to remember the pack she spoke of. Had he been around then. Honestly he couldn't remember, and it rankled.

He shook his head. I'm afraid not. This is Kvarsheim. I'm Gunnar Lodbruk and this is my daughter, Bjarna. But there was a wolf here though she has left us now. Taktuq. She spoke of a pack that lived her once. She should return sometime. You are looking for a place?

He spoke in common and repeated in Icelandic so that Bjarna could understand.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,096 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette felt the disappointment but tried to not let it show. She gave a soft nod in acknowledgement. Though then her spirits lifted. "Taktuq?! That could be my cousin!" That had to be, at least... There were only so many that were called that way. She would have the chance to maybe see her if she would stay here, but she wasn't sure if she could.

"Perhaps soon. I might travel over the mountain range first to pay my respects to someone," she explained. "I... I might not be able to join your pack. This is the place I was born and where my mother ruled. My customs and habits might be very different from yours and I don't want to be disrespectful to your rules," she admitted.

Arlette then paused. "The stones--- I. The stone circle? It was sacred for us as a pack. Does it have special meaning to you?" Maybe she shouldn't say anything but it also felt weird another wolf pack was living on these lands and they didn't know about the wolves buried there in that circle.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar smiled. White wolf, very pretty.

He nodded. He could remember Taktuq well. She had wandered again, but he didn't doubt she'd return someday. Everyone always did. No matter what. He had, hadn't he.

Gunnar shrugged a small shoulder. We don't have many customs. I pray to the gods my father taught me. We have wolves from all walks of life. My daughter and I speak Icelandic, we have two among our numbers that speak Nordic. One follows a raven god. As long as you treat everyone respectfully and kindly, we will get along just fine. But we wouldn't want you uncomfortable.

He shook his head. No, we know it is special, but not why. So we treat it with reverence. Some of our numbers even leave offerings there.

He spoke both english and translated to icelandic for Bjarna.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,096 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette angled her head. She didn't remember Taktuq being white in fur color. She didn't think much of it though, she wanted that hope of that some of her family lived on. The male then explained about their pack. "That sounds like a good foundation," Arlette agreed with him. She wasn't familiar with the norse, Icelandic languages. She knew her own grandfather had Inuit roots.

Arlette could feel some of her spirits lift that this pack knew it was special. |My mother was very fond of the stones. Each stone had a different meaning," she explained to the male. "When some of our loves ones died we placed them by the stone they represent the most, so they could watch over us," Arlette explained with a soft smile. "It is what my mother believed and taught us. I could tell you more about it if you wish, but these lands are claimed by you and your family. You probably have your own beliefs."

Arlette paused and looked briefly at the man's daughter. It was good to see a family thrive here. She was not sure yet about joining. She had been curious and she did want to do a few things before maybe settling. Her red eyes settled on the agouti male, it reminded her of Derg, only with less scars. She realized she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm Arlette, by the way," she spoke.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar was an old man, so mistakes happened. Taktuq was mostly silver with white undertones, but he can't sit there and describe every facet of her. What if this wolf isn't friendly at all to her. Though she seems friendly enough. But that was what it was and he had mispoke (mostly cause danni did it but we pretend it's cause Gunnar is old)

He listened closely to her. So the stones were indeed sacred. They had felt as such. Though he felt momentarily guilty that the children had played there Sanja had laid there in the shadow's of the stones where the last rest was for other's. I am always willing to listen and we can pass it on. Our wolves can decide from there if they wish to follow such customs, but we will make sure they realize it is sacred if nothing more than because it is the final resting place of someones beloved's.

Well Met, Miss. Arlette.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,096 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
haha <3

Arlette smiled at the older male. He was pleasant. She liked him and his energy. "I don't expect them to follow it, but it might be nice if they knew," she admitted. "We held meetings there and just generally lived around the stones with the memory of our loved ones close." It was a nice thought. She maybe appreciated it more now she was older. To have a place to remember them.

"Thank you. Likewise. Thank you for seeing me. First I have something to do, and then I might return here." She would have to decide for herself if she wanted to live in his region again or not. "I wish you well, and if you are in need of medical aid, you can always call upon me to see if I am around." That felt like the right thing to do, if they were in need of her.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
He returned the smile in kind. She was sweet this one. I will tell them this, and I. he looked behind him. If you'd like to visit them. I will take you to them. I will stay near of course, but I don't see the harm.

He nodded his head. I hope we see you again, just even for a brief hello. My daughter is an aspiring healer, so if you ever feel the want to teach. He offered Bjarna a small smile as he said this again in both languages.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,096 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was tempted to visit. "That is really kind," she sounded surprised. "I expect nothing less, I wouldn't expect to have freedom in your home," she offered. She might take the opportunity when it was offered to her. See the place she had lived throughout her youth to adulthood.

"Then I will make sure to return. Just to thank you," she smiled. "I will need your translation skills though," she hummed. Arlette looked at his daughter and dipped her head. It was good to see them both. She had the confidence they would look after the territory well. "Alright, I will no longer keep you busy. Have a good day."
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
A bow of his head. And he watched her as she left their borders. Sad and alone. It hurt his heart. But if she didn't wish to stay. They couldn't make her and she seemed that she would be back someday.

He sighed. Come along Bjarna. I think I need a nap. His was suddenly very weary and tired. His body feeling too heavy for his bones.