Redtail Rise Neath the Halo of a street lamp.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Private 
Only if you have time love. @Ashlar, the other tags are reference.

Arric had spoken with Reverie and then he had swiftly departed. Told @Akavir where he was going and had set out. It wasn't more than a day or two of heavy running and with his long limbs, it wasn't bad. And the weather was nice. He'd made sure to fell a small, elderly goat. Too big for most wolves, but it hadn't been so hard. She was half dead anyway. That was what he was guessing. So with Goat at his paws, he lifted his muzzle to the sky. Making sure to stay at least 12 feet from the borders. He didn't want attacked, not today.

HE had questions and Ashlar was the only healer he knew that could help. He hoped Reverie wouldn't hate him too much for seeking out some other opinions.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar had been keeping himself busy the last few days. He hunted for Avicus and the others who might not have found luck and he kept watch on Tybault, though the latter (if he remained) was not within pack boundaries for now.

Still, he recognized the voice and came with a smile, his tail waving happily despite his lowered demeanor. He didn’t want to seem threatening to a visiting friend even on his own pack’s borders.

You came! Ashlar had meant to go there, but the war and the spring that followed meant time had gotten away from him.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
A smile started on his maw and lit up those blue eyes and he dipped his head and pranced a paw in greeting. 

Well a guys gotta have his dose of cute, and you didn't come my way so i came yours. Then he had the audacity to wink. Honestly it was probably just to keep himself calm. Because this was gonna be a hard, strange conversation. And that thought was sobering.

He motioned at the goat. I brought you and yours sustenance. And I wanted to see you, but I also have something i need some advice on and I'm not healer.

There was a sense of wariness to him now, a small stirring of sadness. Because he didn't know how to help Reverie. And he couldn't give much out about her. But he'd wait to see what his friend had to say.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
C…cute?

If a wolf could turn red, Ashlar would have gone pure scarlet. He ducked his head, but his smile grew, and when he looked back at Arric his golden eyes were lit with appreciative warmth. He didn’t know how to respond to that at all but his gratefulness wasn’t at all hidden.

The second part was easier. Thank you. Times had been hard and Ashlar worried, but this would feed Avicus well. He’d be sure to take it to her after. You didn’t have to. I’d help you anyway. He smiled a little shyly, then took on a more serious air. What did he wish to know about healing? Is something wrong?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric grinned again. The look of pure unadulterated sweetness that colored Ashlar's face. Gosh he was adorable. Arric could tell anyone he was smitten, but he was here for a reason. An important one, so he cooled his jets.

I know I didn't, but I wanted too. he shrugged a shoulder.

Not with me. There's a guy in our pack, got himself a girl. Sweet girl. She seems too young to me, but I'm not a very good judge of age. Anyway, she's showing pregnancy symptoms, but she doesn't think she went into heat and I can honestly say I've not smelled it. Is there, i guess. Would there be any other reason than pregnancy for her to start showing symptoms like nausea, weight gain irritability.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh. Ashlar thought back to the things he had learned. Then his head tilted a bit and his tail switched uncertainly, his bearing becoming instinctually apologetic.

I’m… I’m not sure. There’s sickness that… it makes them upset and nauseous. But usually sick wolves don’t gain weight. I haven’t heard anything about it. Ashlar frowned and his tail stilled, tucking a tidge. Do… would you like something? For their sickness?

He could perhaps not tell the man definitively if she was pregnant or not but he could give something to help in either case. Something to strengthen her immune system, something to soothe, and something to abate the stomach. All would be safe for a mother to take.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric sighed. I was afraid of that. Yea see I don't know what it is. But she doesn't feel right. I get the sense, that she doesn't know what it maybe either. But yea I'll take what you can give me. Make sure you tell me what it is, because she won't take it unless i can tell her all 
about it.

Arric smiled then and shifted. How's life going, Ashlar?

Though his mind was on the girl back home, and how distraught she had seemed. He was willing to make an effort to at least check in with Ashlar. It seemed unfair not to ask him how he was. And Arric liked the guy a lot.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He watched with concern, but also understanding, as Arric spoke of returning and speaking with her. He would send him with ginger and mint perhaps, or maybe even chamomile if nerves were what was wrong. All might help at different times.

For now they would catch up. Things here are good. I mean, I’m… I’m happy. His smile warmed as he thought about the peace they had now and how it seemed to suit them. He’d worried.

There will be pups here. I helped… but they won’t know me differently. I don’t mind that they are hers, since they are all of ours too. He looked down a little shyly, then met Arric’s gaze a moment. Is that strange?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
uote]

Arric was glad that his friend was going to send him something back for Reverie. Though if he were to know what the future would have brought. He'd have probably said forget it. he could understand very well someone being traumatized, but lies and mistrust didn't sit well with him.

Arric grinned. Happy Ashlar was happy, the last time he had spoke he hadn't seemed happy. It was good he was.

Arric nodded. I met a wolf like that this year too. Those pups won't have any idea who I am and i'll never see her again. Sometimes it's the way it goes.

Arric chuckled. I'm probably the wrong guy to ask that question to Ashlar. Cause I'm all about sharing if everyone is in agreement. So I don't think it's strange.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Someone who understood. Ashlar’s tail waved behind him hearing this, displaying the grateful emotion he couldn’t really contain. He appreciated knowing he wasn’t alone.

Love isn’t something for comparing. He said softly, ears turning back a bit at the memory of last year. I shared it with some, but I didn’t want to hide it. I was honest and they were upset. They wanted me to choose. Only Ratio hadn’t, but then Ratio disappeared. And Ashlar had been alone again.

He always had Avicus, and Avicus would always have him, but she too had been unhappy to share. Yet she shared her own affections freely. It confused him in a manner he hadn’t wished to approach yet.

I’m still glad I didn’t hide it. Even if most don’t understand. His smile to Alaric was warm, clearly indicating he was one of the appreciated few who could. Restlessly, he ached to push himself forward into an embrace with the man, spurred by this sharing. Instead he refrained, shyly unsure.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric always figured he was one of the few who felt teh way he did. Even Akavir who was a pretty open minded guy, was a little close minded on such things as this. But it was alright. These things were just what they were.

Were he to tell Arric of the way Avicus was with herself, and the way she didn't share others. He'd have been irritated, because that was unfair, but he wasn't and so he didn't.

Arric would have taken the embrace. Honestly, he'd have probably enjoyed it. Even if it was nothing more than a gentle hug to let him know for the first time ina long time, he wasn't alone. Oh and he knew he wasn't, but so much currently going on in the creek. 

I'm glad for you too. You shouldn't have to hide something that precious. He grinned back with a warmth.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar smiled back, a flower opening under the warmth of the other’s understanding and kindness. It was so good to be understood!! And to be seen for the truth and good intent behind what he felt rather than the downfalls of what such shared love could bring.

Definitely. He waved his tail to punctuate the agreement, then laughed. It is strange, but I have no regrets. I think I was always meant to be here now. It had always been Avicus, but it was more than that.

Do you have anything like that? Ashlar asked, wishing to know more of the man before allowing him to be on his way. From what he had learned so far, he was kind and thoughtful and warm, the sort to wish the best for those he cared about. But did he have loved ones, a family, a purpose where he was? Or was he searching still?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric knew that such love wasn't for everyone. But he himself liked to think he could handle it. Though he also knew there was a balance you needed for such things, so that there were no hurt feelings. That he wasn't sure how it would work exactly, but if it ever so happened that he was put in a situation of such, he'd learn.

A thoughtful look on black face and he dipped his head. I try not to have regrets about anything. And I strive to believe that whatever I am doing in the moment is what is supposed to be done.

Family? No, i met a she wolf over the beginning of spring, that wanted children. Gave that to her I think. I don't know for sure. She disappeared before I could really find out. Went to find her to do the right thing, just with food. Her family wasn't pleased. I wasn't pleased and now there's lot of bad blood there. Other than that. I Only have my leader and friend Akavir.
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
That’s smart. You are, I mean. He complimented the other man somewhat shyly, marveling at how easy it seemed to be for him to live a life that was true. He seemed so sure of the things he wanted, those that were good and should be sought. Ashlar always found himself at a crossroads of impossible things, likely because the things he wanted were always for others and never his own sureness. Perhaps this was the thing he should find… something he wanted for its own sake.

A little moved by the realization, Ashlar tucked it away for later.

I struggled with that. Just leaving, last year. But trying to stay was worse. It was never enough, and if they wouldn’t know me, it was better they know others. @Reki had been his apprentice for months now and still did not know that the healer was his father. Arric was wiser than he had been in this too. Though Ashlar could not bring himself to be unhappy that two of his sons had found him, and known him, on his own regard.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled and bowed his head. Dipping his nose towards the other man's shoulder and collar bone. A gentle nudge with a kindness to it.

Oh i don't know about that. I just know my limits I suppose and I'm a bit of a selfish dude.

Arric tried not to be selfish. Really he did. But sometimes he couldn't quite help it. And when it came to his pack mates or him and Akavir. He'd choose Akavir everytime. And he couldn't tell you what drew such loyalty. Only that he trusted the man completely and he was probably his best friend. 

Arric nodded his head. I'd prefer my kids to know me. But I also will respect any mother's wishes. So we'll chalk this one up to a learning experience. And a lesson in my own limitations and thoughts.