Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
Private 
backdated to likeeee april 10 <3 staying vague!

mireille came home.
the first thing she did was dip herself into the calming waters of their secret cove, washing herself over and over again until every part of her body had been cleansed by the ocean.
to the sand, to roll it into her nape; then the blackpine; then the moss, the mud of the beach, the meadow, renewing herself with all the fragrances of her packland.
she lay her marks new on the border, and at last, hungry, tired, but replenished, mireille sought out her sister @Chacal with a small knowing smile on her mouth.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
SEASTER <3

Mireille’s absence reminded Chacal of just how heavily she relied upon her sister’s presence. In quiet moments when she was alone with the girls, she imagined that Mireille was there with her, for comfort. When she worried, she yearned for her sister’s voice. With each day as the girls grew and became themselves, she wished for Mireille to see and take delight in their changes alongside her. 

But she was satisfied knowing that the cause for her sister’s absence was with a goal in mind- and that she too would grow their family and that Chacal would get a chance to be everything for Mireille that Mireille had been for her. 

She was sunbathing in the spot of sunlight at the edge of Bluepeace meadows when she saw her sister approach. The quiet smile on her face was one that Chacal understood, and was glad to see. Had she returned fearful, anxious or angry, Chacal would have sworn to ruin any who had harmed her- the way Mireille had defended the pack from Chacal’s suitor earlier in the year. 

She loped toward Mireille, having quietly ushered the girls back into the mouth of the den, so she might have at least a moment to herself with her sister before they came bounding out. She uttered a low, happy growl and prepared to embrace Mireille, to laugh into her fur and pull her closer.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
HELLUR <3

chacal was there; mireille sang out a laugh and went directly into her sister's arms, clinging in an embrace that went on and on and on. her sister was perfumed in all the goodness of sapphique; she smelled like home and mireille felt herself grounded once more.
"ah! good to be home," she whispered, and in that moment she was thinking of val.
her emerald eyes affixed to that of her sister. "t'ings have been welll, while i was away?' in the next she meant to speak of the rise, but for now, no politics, only she and chacal enjoying the company of one another.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Mireille smelled strongly of the sea, and of the briny, grainy sand. Chacal approved-knowing it felt best to cleanse the smell of one-use men from the pelt and carry on. She would be extra vigilant the next few days, watchful for all the suitors who could potentially have followed her back- but she also had reason to suspect Mireille had found clever ways to give them the slip.

Chacal’s eyes turned slightly sad. It hurt, still, to try and say that all was well when Maman and Sobo were gone. But she mustered up a sad smile she knew her sister would understand, and nodded. Her expression became more sincere when she heard the sound of soft voices from within her den.

”Dese two be growin’” She said, proudly. ”It has been quiet, ot’er wise.” She said, the nuance in her voice subtle. ”But I am glad you are home, an’ safe, an…..?” She asked, with a cheeky pull to the corners of her lips.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille did understand; she hugged chacal closer and sighed into the jetgold fur. "i am happy to be back, to watch dem grow." she meant to be the best auntie that her sister's children could ever wish, and was pleased that now she would not need to leave sapphique again for a long while.
a laugh tumbled out of her mouth. "i lost count an' i took no names. except one," she teased, thinking now of totoro before her mind cut to val and the — silence of it.
the emerald eyes flashed, and she showed chacal the healing cuts along both shoulders. "de firs' man, i made him fight me."
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
The love she felt for her sister made her feel almost possessive, and selfishly, she did not feel ashamed for wanting to have her sister to herself. She was Chacal’s primary confidant, her closest friend, and her most trusted caregiver when it came not only to her children, but for their mother as well.

There was solace in speaking of future generations, and while she innately opposed any and all of Mireille’s suitors, she possessed still a strong curiosity about the topic. 

Her brow raised and she gave her sister an impressed pout when she alluded to having taken many lovers- too many to count. The idea was appealing, perhaps something Chacal should look to do in the years to come, rather than allowing herself to become so enamoured with just one man, every year. 

”You put just one to de test?
An’ what did you demand from all de rest?”
She prodded with a chuckle.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
chacal wanted to hear the other details. mireille let out an embarrassed little laugh, but the sensation quickly passed, as she knew she could tell her sister anything.
"let me t'ink. let me count. first him. den i met a man who wanted to play games wid me. i left him t'ere," mireille declared, "an' i made de t'ird man worship me." her grin was lazy, hazed with remembering. "i chased him off. i chased de firs' man away." a sigh. "den i met someone who was bot'. or not either. totoro, de name. dey were kind to me; it was different wid dem."
the obsidian fell silent, crimson face becoming somber. "i foun' de man you chose. we fought until i must run."
mireille was not ashamed of it, though she paused in case chacal had something to say in that regard. "i wanted to find where he lived. ano'ter time." maybe.
"i met a fourt' man beside a lake. he knew what to do, how to touch." she smirked at the memory. "a fifth in de mountains, surrounded by women but he saw only me."
and the sixth; val; unspoken.
mireille looked to chacal now, wondering, amused by her own antics.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She crooked an ankle and set her chin upon it, leaning in to listen to the details shared in the quiet space between them. She was not surprised that her sister was so forward and able to attract an admirable gaggle of suitors; chasing off the ones she didn’t like, inviting others to spar. Her eyes gleamed as she took in her sisters words, mirroring her expressions.

Her features fell when Mireille mentioned the freshwater man- Arric. She was relieved to hear that Mireille had not chosen him too, but she lifted her head when she heard that they had fought. She reached out to lick her sister’s forehead. 

”I regret dat you ‘ad to chase ‘I’m off again-
Ugh! How I despise dat kind of men.”
she said. She tilted her head, thoughtfully, when Mireille admitted that she wanted to find him. 

’’E did tell me where ‘is pack is,
I never considered to visit.”
She admitted. 
”But if ‘e chose violence wid you in neutral lands,
We may need to see if we should make a stand.”

She would not invite Arric and whoever followed him to their doorstep. She felt already that he might have been unwelcome enough- but if he had incited a fight with Mireille in neutral territory, that was a problem. 

The rest of her suitors seemed to be more ideal. Chacal felt allured by the idea of having many lovers, though she wasn’t sure she was as capable of keeping her heart as guarded as she would need it to be. 

”Well- wid dat many men, I ‘ope it will be
Dat you will have many, many children, Chéri,”
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
the idea of returning in force to shove the man's nose into the dirt appealed to mireille on several levels, but she knew she should not entertain it for the time being. and yet the idea would take root inside her, feeding something that mireille would not understand for a long while.
"if he comes anywhere near, we kill him," she said simply. they had let him off before; not again. not a second time. she would fly his pelt outside the borders as a flag to other men who thought to dare a trespass against the women of sapphique.
her turn to smile, to warm, to feel the pleasure of the idea turning in her head. "i hope so too," the obsidian sighed. "as many as anyone ever did."
she had learned she could choose those close as well as far — she closed her eyes and drew a long draught of the beautiful air into which she had been born.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
744 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
To find where the Freshwater man lived wouldn't be too difficult of a task- not when he'd hinted at his location, as though trying to lure her there regardless. She didn't think it would be a good idea to approach his boundaries, anyway- not when one of their members had been twice set upon by the wolves of Sapphique. Perhaps distance and boundaries would indeed be best. And when her time came the next Spring, she would go far from that land, to avoid ever crossing his path again. 

The amount of puppies they might have in their pack was of little consequence to Chacal who valued the continuation of their bloodline above the work it would take to support that many children. The more children they had, the more they would have to help with future litters, and so on and so forth. Some would wander with the waves, and some...Some, she knew, might not survive to adulthood. But the more children that the two matriarchs had, the more secure the pack's destiny became. 

"Children, more children- an' grandchildren someday," She said dreamily. "Many we will have, so some shall stay."
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
can be last from me! <3

a land of women, of mothers, daughters, aunts, nieces, sisters.
grandchildren.
oh, she felt the horrid pain of that loss again, and swallowed, and sent her agony scudding out upon the ocean waves. 
maman. we miss you.
more children, and more still, small living testaments to the dynasty founded by their mothers. mireille found herself confounded by emotion, and drew a tiny little sob as she leaned against chacal.