Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Private 
Rodyn's sons were cuddled with Sialuk and Elentari and he begged leave only for a moment to grieve.

Tears streaming from his eyes. Stumbling down the mountain he headed straight for @Shikoba . Mother of his heart.

He didn't realize such pain existed, every breath agony, his nerves felt like fire and he felt as if a scream was forever trapped deep in his chest. He did make it to the border before he collapsed with an anguished howl, and life wrecking sobs.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
it was unusual to hear such a strained voice call for her, and for a moment shikoba's heart raced that bad news has come to her home once again. so the woman comes to leave her duties and lope towards the source of the sound, upon which she can see the troubled form of rodyn grow in her sight. and so the woman speeds up, sending out a bark to him as if to say "help is on the way!"

and when she comes to his fallen figure, shikoba brushes her nose against the man's shoulder and neck, searching for injury and feverishly asking him "what troubles you, rodyn?"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Her bark reached his ears. She was coming. She was here to help him, but could she help? He didn't know?

She brushed against him and the tears began anew.

Remembering that he couldn't ever utter her name again made his heart clench at least not right now.

mmmyy pppeachy qqqueen. Hher labor was tooo fast annnd she didn't make ot i couldn't save her or our daughter, bbut our sons..!

The last part almost a wail.

He couldn't say anymore to overcome.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
the grief comes as a tsunami, engulfing the mother and son as shikoba comes to bring rodyn closer and presses a kiss to his temple. and through his own terms, star hunter must find her strength and force her tears to dry.

whining out of sadness and the tangible pain in rodyn, shikoba holds her son close does her best to encourage him to calm his breathing and his cries, to the best of her ability at least. he remains larger and perhaps comically so, but the attempts to sweep him away remain constant and strong.

"its not your fault, my son," she desperately whispers to him, "do not blame yourself for what sedna chose." the spirits walked and took what they wanted without qualms, leaving the mortals to ponder their choices.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn hadn't meant to be the one to bring such grave news. And though he longed to allow her to grieve, he couldn't quite stop his own.

Iii'm Ssssorry. I know iit iiis sssudden to jjjust ssshow. He couldn't finish. There were no more words that he could press past russet lips. No words that could form in the recesses of his mind, so filled with pain that it was difficult to think.

She tried her hardest to hold him fast. ANd were it any other time and any other moment. He would have possibly laughed at their size different, but he couldn't. Not this time.

A soft wail. Then why didn't they take me! He cried out in his father's grief. With the grief of a husband.

Quietly they began to quell. IT was amazing what a mother's embrace could do for a son. A mother of heart and love and all the best of things. A deep shudder within his throat. A cry again.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
"because it is not your time." and for shikoba and the rest of moontide, many had to be grateful for this decision. there was still much to be done, and while he was allowed to grieve, he also remained the leader of a group who relied on him for everything. but in this moment where all he needed was support, shikoba kept quiet and simply did her best to hold him tightly.

she does her best to soothe him, remaining close and still as the wracks of his sobs shake her entire ribcage and being. "there was nothing you could do rodyn, these tragedies happen. do not blame yourself or apologize." samani rings within her mind, the peachy pristine coat covered in blood and childbirth as her children cling to her for love. there was no easy answer for any of this, though shikoba wondered of taking post at moontide until the grief came to wash away.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn wasn't thrilled with her answer. Though he knew it to be true. Were he any other man he'd have been angry, furious even and perhaps he should be. And yet he couldn't for Samani didn't like anger. She had preferred his calm spirit.

A soft sniffle and his sobs eased. He kept his head to her aide for a momwnt and when he was certain he was calmer. He released her. Though he kept near their pelts mingling.

The boys are Panuk and Rolayne little autumn boys.

A small pain filled smile for his children. Tears gathered again and he brushed at them head against his shoulder.

It is hard to breathe.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
"be still, son" she says to him as she remains at his side. she thinks over the names, of the precious blood that flows through his children. kin of moonwoman, and kin of pheasant blood. she would see them soon, brushing a scarred nose to their faces and telling them softly just who she is.

a chin comes to rest against his the top of his neck, swaying back and forth to smooth his out of place fur. "no matter what, we are here, i am here. we will get through this." a promise, despite her wilting age. she would remain as much as her life would let her.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn stopped moving at her softly uttered words and he blinked. She was thinking and he grew quiet in her silence. His own thoughts careening towards his children.

He amiled and fwlt hia chest loosen a little. It was nice to know that she was there. A small blessing.

Thank you.

He fwlt he need not say mote. He would take the comfort she could give and make sure to have her meet the boys.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
i was planning on perhaps doing a visit to moontide with shikoba if you'd like an updated thread there! let me know if that works <3 last post here from me

she stays, quiet and doting as a mother does. a tender kiss to his brow and cheek, a reminder of the love that he carries from moonglow, and from his own. shikoba was growing soft these days, perhaps her younger self would be ashamed to see where the years have gone, and where the fire has seemingly gone out. but beneath the ribcage, a low smolder still remains in the chimney. she remains here, for as long as he needs. and perhaps only after he is satiated, she offers him rest and perhaps a bite to eat.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,259 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Fine with me <3

Rodyn accepted her love with grace and would slowly retract himself from her arms. Give her many thanks and blessings and treat her to something he hunted after he was calm. She had done more than she needed too and his heart felt less burdened now. But he knew hers was now full of sadness too, for she had not known.