Northstar Vale i'm failing upwards again

lawmen, women or a shallow grave
same ol' blues just a different day
146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
going to tag @Meadow and @Reyson for visibility, but AW!

Boone was damn certain he'd begun to spiral into a fit of hysteria.
He'd scaled the peaks, nose to the ground for any sign of life, people, somebody — and for a while, in the secluded region he and his wife had begun to settle in, it was desolate. The chill is heavy on his back, a frantic search —
It felt as if it was all for naught. Even if he did find someone — who knew if they had any knowledge of medicine, and who was to say they'd assist a stranger if so? But his desperation leads him onward, a frenzy; flurries sticking to the cold-tipped ruff of his back, chest heaving, legs burning, heart pounding deep in the confines of ribcage, his own wounds still scorching.
But then, as if it were his saving grace from God, the mark of a border hits his nose a good bit from the place he'd first found his wife — wolves. People. Maybe;
The clock is ticking. He stands at the edge of a vast outcropping of forest nestled deep in these hills, and he throws his head back in a call to anyone who might listen.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson heard the call and moved from the warm pile of babies and wife. It sounded desperate needy and he wanted to know.

Blue eyes scarred body he followed the noise and a big brute met his gaze. Narrowing of eyes he shifted forward.

You called for member of Epoch?

Then he waited assessing, eyes going beyond making sure none were behind.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 

146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
A russet-tinged man appears before him while he desperately heaves in hopes of catching his breath. The mountaineer turns to him with glazed eyes. I mean you no harm, a pained gasp, a whimper. my name is-- my name is Boone. My wife is; he can't, he can't say it; hurt. It's real bad. Real bad. We need a healer, if you have any, sir.
He cannot seem to stop the burn of tears. W-we live up in, uh, the willows out past that big ol' mountain. It's just me, my wife and, and my daughter. I think y'all're our closest neighbor. where else could he turn if the man turned the other cheek?
I'll give you whatever you want in return. I'm-- I'm sorry, to do this, I just-- I don't know how to help her. Please.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The man was desperate and scared. It came off him in waves. Reyson breathed in and out calculating. What of their children? But he couldn't let Meadow go alone.

The man didn't seem like he would hurt her if she couldn't help his wife, but Reyson knew desperate men when hope was lost all too well.

We have a healer. Gimme a moment.

He tipped his head and howled for @Meadow. It was possible they could leave them with Arsenio and Tamar.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
544 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
There was a call to the borders—Reyson left to answer the call, and Meadow had watched him go, a pull of worry on her features at the note of desperation in the call. Still, she busied herself with the kids, her eyes stealing back to where her husband had disappeared every so often, as if soon he would return.

But then his own call for her came, and she felt a tightening in her chest. She considered— and then called softly for @Ike, who was rather adept at child care. When the young wolf arrived, she offered her gratitude, and with a quick lope, she was on her way to the sound of Reyson’s call.

She had to stop, gathering various herbs and medicines for more common ailments, packing them to the small skin in which she toted for moments like this. Why else would Reyson call for her, unless someone needed help?

It would take her awhile, but eventually she would come to the borders, eyes studying both men with apprehension in her honeyed eyes.

146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Another appears; a little lady knit in red and corded with surprise and concern. Boone relays the tale to her, too; of how he'd rescued his wife, of how the pair are alone; his name, where they reside. Their plan to make a home out of their little sanctuary. His words are as scattered as his mind, flares bursting between his ears.
I-if you have anyone, y'all could send back with us, I'd be indebted to you, it was pitiful, this display of panic and vulnerability. This was not the man he typically carried himself as — nor the way he thought he'd meet his new neighbors. I'm-- I just don't know what else to do, or where else to go.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shifted when Meadow came upon them. His stance clear that she was his, and he was protective, but he gave her space to speak with the wolf in question. After all, she was a healer this is what she did. He didn't necessarily like it, but he knew he also would never try and stop her.

I can accompany you if you want to go. He spoke to Meadow softly. 

He didn't' think this wolf was a problem, and he commended him for coming searching for help for his loved one. But he also didn't know him.

And the thought of Meadow going somewhere where an ambush could happen. No thank you.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
544 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Her heart fell—the desperation that emanated from the man was heart-wrenching, and yet—her children. Not fully weaned—but almost. They could be.

Would she be a bad mother if she went, which would abruptly end their milk and comfort?
Would she be a bad healer if she were to refuse?
Would she be a terrible person if she denied him, to save one who he truly loved so dear?

She swallowed thickly—a rush of emotion. Overwhelming in so many ways, and she could feel the prick of tears at the corner of her eyes, threatening. Did she almost cry for the thought of taking away from her children, or for this man’s sorrow? She did not know.

But surely, one who was loved so very much as this man did his wife deserved a chance?

“I’ll go,” she offered, her voice hoarse with emotion. “Tamar can be with the babes… But Reyson—you should stay? They will need you most, now.” Turning to the man, she looked at him—already having put the wagon before the horse, it seemed. “Tell me what it wrong with her.”

146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Thank you, ma'am, thank you. relief pours from him in a visceral display of emotion, of gratitude; he hadn't caught the names of either, not yet, but he would soon enough. The redheaded woman seems hesitant, and he could swear he smelled mother's milk upon her — these folks had children. Children, and here he was — no, here Reverie was, hurt, running off again, and sending him to reel in a new mother in order to help her.
And he loved her, he did, he loved her; but now, an ugliness had begun to stir. Why did she do this? Why had she run from him in the first place? What about him made her want to jump off—
She's-- broken bones, probably, definitely, his head shakes as he begins to turn away from the border, back in the direction of his ailing wife. I'm sure you'd know better than I do, but it's... bad.
This was bad. This was bad, because now, some small part of him had begun to feel angry at her.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He heard her words and he railed against it. A frown in his gaze and a sharpness in his eyes as he looked over the man Boone. Could he keep his wife safe? Would she come back to them. He wasn't happy about it.

He blinked and stared down at Meadow.Are you sure, Meadow? Tamar and Arsenio would care for them long enough for me to go with you and come back with you. And what if you need help.

The unanswered question. What if something happens and I'm not there. 

He looked at Boone and softly spoke a dark promise in his words. If something happens to my wife. I promise you broken bones will be the least of your worries. But I do hope your wife can be healed. And Meadow is a very good healer.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
544 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Tagging for visibility and if Teo wants Arsenio to go with her.

The man was grateful—the words falling from his lips like an answered prayer, and she held a moment of trepidation. What if his wife could not be saved?

Reyson would sense this in her, though, and as he asked if she was certain, she delicately placed the bundle of herbs and medicines down, her muzzle lifting to preen at the thick fur of her lover’s cheek. “I’m sure, Reyson… They need one of their parents. Perhaps @Arsenio can accompany me, if it worries you so much.”

She paused, looking back at the man. “If we can move her here after I assess her—for better healing—are you opposed?” Arsenio was capable of such a feat—the fierce leader had done so for her, once before. Reyson, too, would be more than able. But it was up to the man and his beloved.

146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
The man threatens him; they don't trust him, and some part of him, for a moment, understands why. A frenzied stranger barrels into their territory complaining of a fractured wife — perhaps if he were in their place, he, too, would be wary.
The woman asks to move her here; away, away from their little home; would Reverie want to be around strangers? If it means she gets the care she needs, then I'm all for it, that was the priority here, was it not? but I honestly don't know if she'd be willin'. he didn't know if she was still conscious; he didn't know if they could ask.
She did this to herself. She must be so frightened. It's for her own good. Would she ever forgive him?
Names are thrown around; Arsenio, Tamar, folks he don't know. Whoever you feel comfortable sendin', he mutters, as if it would bring them any ease. if there's anything at all I can offer you as-- as thanks. Please. By all means.
His breath trembles as his eyes trail between the trees. I'm comin'. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
A soft rumble of protest turned to a soft rumble for Meadow. And he looked over the other wolf. Anxious and irritated, but he also knew he had no say. IF Meadow wanted to go and help a wolf that was hurt, who was he to say no. He would give them only a little while, a day at most, before he would go and hunt for her himself if he had not heard back from them.

He looked over Meadow and sighed, but he gave a nod of agreement. He wouldn't stop her. If this is what she wanted, he would stay and mind their children. A large paw scratched at the dirt and he nodded.

I will help carry if she must be moved.

That gave him an excuse to arrive and it helped the patient too. Best of both worlds if you asked him. He felt at least.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
544 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Reyson’s rumble was met with another kiss—a quiet hush to him in a loving manner. “I’ll be back before you know it. If @Arsenio wishes to come, he can follow our trail,” she noted. It sounded as if time was of the essence, and so, she fussed over the gathered herbs she held, a light frown playing upon her features, wishing she had more for the injured woman—but not truly knowing what she would need until seeing her.

Nor would they be able to carry anything.

One more kiss planted to her mate—honeyed eyes smoothing over him, as if to reassure him with a soft glance. “Give our babies a kiss for me,” she offered, trying to press brightness in her voice, though she did not carry such a thing in her soul.

Reluctant to leave her pups, it was still not in her nature to leave another in dire need, and so she gathered her supplies delicately to her mouth, nodding for the stranger. “Leth go,” she muttered with her mouth firmly placed around the small skin that acted as a bag, obscuring her words slightly.

146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
fade? <3

To the man Reyson Boone offers a soft, sanguine smile. I'll take care of your missus. You've got my word.
Whatever she requested during her stay in the willows he would give; a space of her own, food, water, supplies harvested with his own hands. Whatever it took. Gratitude would be an understatement.
He leads Meadow back up the ridgeline with a newfound eagerness to his step. Thank God; they may have their first ally on their hands.