Redtail Rise new moon
Redtail Rise
Trēow
140 Posts
Ooc — —
Somehow, following the frightening seizure, Moon Runner had dragged herself to a shallow dirt-floor den beneath a plinth of stone. There, she began to whither as infection ravaged her body. Quickly, she dropped weight despite any offerings of food… the girl couldn’t keep a meal down.

You musn’t give up! her spirit begged its vessel. We are stronger than this!

But Moon Runner’s body was tired, and the place where she lay was so dark and cool.
Redtail Rise
Caru*
314 Posts
Ooc — ???
Someone watched the cubs. New Snow had found her daughter. She chewed food and provided it to her daughter, who refused most of it. New Snow soaked herself in water and rest next to her to cool her further.

New Snow whined lowly. You are strong, came her noises, and then, I am here.
Redtail Rise
Wealda*
338 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Instinct still told her that, healer or not, Moon Runner could not remain here.  So it was with the authority of Wealda she now approached, rumbling a discontented note and nosing the other wolf’s side.  If she could not rise then Wealda would move her.  No living thing could last without water.

made a couple assumptions, lmk if I need to update, I just didn’t want to do another thread since I’ve been so slow of late!  She would have visited, but feel free to assume whatever answer and go from there

Edit: cut most of this post since it no longer fit!
Redtail Rise
Trēow
140 Posts
Ooc — —
Feel free to PP Moon Runner at will!

Moon Runner was so very thankful for Mother’s presence. She was deliriously feverish, but most of all scared. Encouragement was the best medicine she could receive, but it would not stop Moon Runner from whimpering help me.

Wealda was there, too. Moon Runner weakly shifted one leg under herself, but it was clear she could not move herself.
Redtail Rise
Caru*
314 Posts
Ooc — ???
New Snow said in whimper-wines, I will. And then came their leader. New Snow watched her, and when her daughter could not move either New Snow rose to assist in bringing her daughter to a stand. 

She would follow Wealdas lead. Gratitude shone in her gaze; New Snow did not know what to do here otherwise, sensing the closeness that was the merciless knifepoint of nature, directed toward one she loved so fiercely. She wanted to stand in the way of it—let it take her, not the daughter who had lived too little of life to be taken from her now.
Redtail Rise
Wealda*
338 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The she-wolf could not stand.  Wealda grasped her scruff and, with New Snow’s help, carried her to the stream’s edge.  There was a place with shade and cool earth still, but also in reach of the water.  Moon Runner had lost weight already; Wealda found it easier to move her, yet took no comfort in this.

Redd whined low and nudged Moon Runner’s muzzle encouragingly, wetting the tip of her muzzle and willing her to drink.  The blood of hunt lead was strong.  The pack needed her strength as well.

If Caru was here, then Berserker or her sister was likely watching the den.  Wealda noted this silently, but her focus was mainly held to her ailing hunt sister.  There was little else she could do.