Lion Head Mesa i worship ancient hungers
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I apologize for scaring you," Wraen replies, visibly relieved that the man has dropped his initial hostile mask and changed his defensive posture to a more neutral one. The moment she says these words, however, she smiles and chuckles to herself - joke is on her, because at the second glance this guy is many things, but being easily scared is not one of them.

In order not to have an awkward conversation over a long distance, she reduces it by coming closer and taking a seat not too far from the guy. She listens carefully to him speaking, and realizes that she has run into a no simple man. He mentions gods and she gets a hint that he sincerely believes in their existence. His views on stars contradict her own romantic notions that each one of the shiny dots are a soul that has finished it's karmic circles on Earth and ascended there to become immortal.

And finally he asks her about moon phases and she thinks that Terance here would have been a much more valuable asset than she. Stargazing and reading has never been her fortes and she has led a very comfortable life without the knowledge, on how they can guide a person or protect them. Therefore she is silent, meditating upon the right answer and finally says: "Celestial bodies have never been my friends and I therefore can't speak much about, what they try to communicate with us. However, there is an old tale that says the moon was created out of residue dust that remained, when the Earth came to existence. And since then it wishes to return."

There had been more to this story, but she can't recall the details now.  "If that story is true, perhaps, there is some magic in full moon or new moon, but I have never seen a difference."
Messages In This Thread
i worship ancient hungers - by RIP Wintersbane - October 19, 2018, 04:06 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by Wraen - October 28, 2018, 03:58 PM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by RIP Wintersbane - October 29, 2018, 03:16 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by Wraen - October 29, 2018, 12:17 PM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by RIP Wintersbane - October 30, 2018, 03:30 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by Wraen - November 01, 2018, 05:14 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by RIP Wintersbane - November 02, 2018, 03:47 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by Wraen - November 02, 2018, 02:55 PM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by RIP Wintersbane - November 03, 2018, 05:06 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by Wraen - November 03, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by RIP Wintersbane - November 10, 2018, 05:36 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by Wraen - November 10, 2018, 05:21 PM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by RIP Wintersbane - November 11, 2018, 06:17 AM
RE: i worship ancient hungers - by Wraen - November 12, 2018, 05:37 AM