Sun Mote Copse Hold one's soul as gently as a butterfly in your hands
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"If boredom was the only reason," Wraen replied to Maia's teasing and, having actually expected that enthusiastic "yes", no questions asked, she was a little surprised that her sister wanted to know her reasons. It had never occurred to her that with her love for travelling and being away from the group she would have formed any kind of attachment here. Now she wondered, if she had been wrong all along, if it was fair to uproot Maia now.

"I am no longer in charge," she cleared the first thing. "And you probably heard that Meerkat and Bronco had gone off to the Moonspear voluntarily and that as of that event Firebirds and the mountain pack are allies. Maybe it has not been made official, but they are already bound to each other," Wraen explained, trying to remember, how much Maia knew about her past with Moonspear and that of Arcturus too. 

"I won't retell you the whole history, but there are some fundamentally wrong and morally questionable deeds in Hydra's biography - she is the current leader there - and at the same time she is the best friend of Towhee's. I can argue all I want, but I won't convince neither the new Sovereign, nor her other family members that forming an alliance with that pack is a dangerous thing. That I - in particular - and probably Arcturus too want nothing to do with them," she explained. 

"And it seems to me that it will be easier for me to pack up and seek my luck elsewhere again than to fight for my truth or live in a situation that does not make me feel comfortable or safe," Wraen said. "Perhaps, it is better for this pack's future, if I take my past qualms with Hydra somewhere, where the long shadows of Moonspear do not reach me and no one has even heard anything about that pack," she finished and added one final thing. "I would be happy to have you as my companion, but I am not asking you to leave, if you do not want to."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hold one's soul as gently as a butterfly in your hands - by Wraen - August 04, 2020, 12:57 PM