Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Arcturus , @Maia - Settlement No.1 "The Sentinels"

Wraen hated to admit it, but Towhee had been right. She had overestimated her ability to travel far and long, let alone under trying conditions. Though feeling way better than weeks earlier, she did not have the same stamina for distances that in the past had not asked much of effort from her at all. Even few hours at a decent trot were sometimes so tiring for, even when she kept up a bright smile and braved on, until she was forced to stop, lie down and rest. 

There were better days too, when her heart beat at a regular, steady rhythm and she did not run out of breath that easily. On those she chattered cheerfully with either Maia or Arcturus, joked around and acted silly and childishly. But to all this seemingly genuinely happy parade, there were moments, when fear flickered in her eyes, as if she was trying hard to run away from something ominous that was lurking in the shadows.

During the last two or three days that it took them to reach The Sentinels, Wraen had been very quiet and withdrawn. She knew that she could not hide her weakness from others, but at the same time she did not wish them to pity her or to point out about it. So it was better to stay silent and trudge on. It was difficult for her to make those last miles and, when they finally did, she found the first suitable spot to lie down and with a mumbled "G'Night!" she had fallen in a stupor-like sleep.

She awoke several hours later, not knowing, what time it was, but aware of a thunderstorm in the making. There were dark gray and purple clouds building up in the distance, the air felt charged, the wind blew and in the distance she saw the first flash of lightening. Wraen raised herself to a sit and watched in awe.
Messages In This Thread
Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - August 28, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - August 29, 2020, 02:01 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 02, 2020, 02:41 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 09, 2020, 09:16 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 09, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 16, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 29, 2020, 09:07 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 01, 2020, 01:07 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 07, 2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 07, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 16, 2020, 09:37 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 16, 2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 23, 2020, 06:32 PM