The Sentinels Call me anytime you see the lightning
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Ain't we all small in the bigger scheme of things?" Wraen replied with a question, watching another spectacular show of lightning far off in the ocean. The wind grew stronger and the roar of waves raging at shores louder. Funnily enough, she did not feel afraid or even cautious. Curious and contemplative as if she was an art critic standing before yet another grand painting, pondering over the meaning behind the colourful scene.

"As I grow older, I have become a lot less romantic and a lot more realistic, cynical even," she went on, looking back at Arthur. "It's hard to accept that on the whole you are nothing but a speck of dust and most things that you firmly believe in as a child or a young adult are neither set in stone, nor relevant. They exist in our heads, but does not mean they are true in the world," she said. 

"Simple example - if I got struck by lightening here, it would probably seem unfair to me, but that would be just an opinion. On the bigger scale of things... one charcoaled and vaporized wolf here would not mean much, because there are hundreds running around still," she laughed humourlessly at this and shook her head. "Once you realize your own vulnerability, Arthur, you become stronger in a way. A lot of things that might have made you afraid stop being such."
Messages In This Thread
Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - August 28, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - August 29, 2020, 02:01 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 02, 2020, 02:41 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 09, 2020, 09:16 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 09, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 16, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 29, 2020, 09:07 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 01, 2020, 01:07 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 07, 2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 07, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 16, 2020, 09:37 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 16, 2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 23, 2020, 06:32 PM