The Sentinels Call me anytime you see the lightning
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Fear itself," Wraen replied simply. She had been familiar with the concept of "being afraid of fear", but it had taken a few years, experience and some maturing to fully understand, what it entailed. Now she believed that she was entitled to pass on this bit of knowledge to someone else. If Arcturus intended to be a great man one day, and good one too, she wanted to pour this knowledge in him early.

"It distorts the reality, the facts," she added. "It makes people do horrible things to other people," she went on. "Say, here are you afraid of losing, what you have - but, while afraid and worried, do you have time to enjoy these things, people... anything? Because the present moment is the only one that truly matters. Past cannot be changed and future cannot be predicted or influenced. Fear is pointless," Wraen mused.

"Yet it is the ingrained in our very being. It is a part of, who we are and what drives us," not for the first time during their friendship, Wraen was glad that Arthur was a good listener and survived through her lengthy philosophical rambles. Not one yawn, not even the most miniscule expression would betray her stoic friend that he might have lost interest.
Messages In This Thread
Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - August 28, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - August 29, 2020, 02:01 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 02, 2020, 02:41 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 09, 2020, 09:16 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 09, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 16, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - September 19, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - September 29, 2020, 09:07 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 01, 2020, 01:07 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 07, 2020, 10:10 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 07, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 16, 2020, 09:37 AM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Wraen - October 16, 2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Call me anytime you see the lightning - by Arcturus - October 23, 2020, 06:32 PM