Redsand Canyon saepenumero
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
next round! @Fennec @Alstroemeria @Atreus @Killdeer @Minne <3 there will be a rank update to follow!

a fortress.

fennec might never know how this word lodged like a limpet in his mind. he listened to the two speak and gleaned many things from both offerings.

in the end the eagle was silent for a long moment and then he looked at each of them in turn. "i think it is time we did reshape mereo." fennec had spoken with a directness that reminded him that it was also the foundation of their marriage.

the yellowpaint eyes were clearing as a new resolve entered them. "i would like to see more equality inside ranks, rather than a never-ending hierarchy that places strength over mind. both are necessary."

"and i would like to create a system wherein the young may rise beneath mentorship." his eyes were on fennec. this was a time to rejoice, was it not?

"the canyon is very large, a day across. i believe mereo should move to the southlands."

germanicus briefly detailed the layout of the place, the difference in the cave networking, the water sources, the forest which reached down and provided good hunting.

and then he was galvanized. "moreover it is protected, and it will be little to relocate the common areas and tablinum." he looked toward the matron with her experienced scars. "lady alstroemeria, you will oversee the finding of a new tablinum. you may cultivate herbs inside it or you may seek to create a center of advocacy and advice."

the words came easier now. "firstly, however, some belated news. lady fennec and i have recently married. she will join me in leadership and help to guide the future of mereo, should she accept." there was affection in the set of his jaw when he looked toward her alabastrine eyes.

"praefectus," he said of tierra. "i have not forgotten your own aspirations. you are the highest-ranked officer currently present and so it is with your own advancement in place that i give you more power. take a scouting party and go into the south before us. rout anyone or anything that may have made its home there for now. you might take icarus with you. he has interest in ranging and tracking." already they were a specialized pair.

"the rest of us will fall to gathering what will be brought and keeping the borders warded until we are ready to move. on your report, tierra." the sooner she moved, the sooner mereo would redestine itself.
Messages In This Thread
saepenumero - by Germanicus - December 02, 2022, 08:01 PM
RE: saepenumero - by Alstroemeria - December 02, 2022, 08:39 PM
RE: saepenumero - by Fennec - December 02, 2022, 09:00 PM
RE: saepenumero - by Tierra - December 02, 2022, 09:16 PM
RE: saepenumero - by Atreus - December 03, 2022, 11:10 AM
RE: saepenumero - by Germanicus - December 09, 2022, 04:57 PM
RE: saepenumero - by Minne - December 09, 2022, 07:49 PM
RE: saepenumero - by Alstroemeria - December 10, 2022, 12:03 AM
RE: saepenumero - by Fennec - December 10, 2022, 12:16 AM
RE: saepenumero - by Tierra - December 11, 2022, 11:32 AM
RE: saepenumero - by Atreus - December 11, 2022, 11:36 AM