Stone Circle devour to survive, so it's always been
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
949 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The ease in which the stone circle wolves interact with one another is akin to what Akavir strives for at the creek. A quick brush of reassurance from the woman to Gunnar—and the shadowrunner is pleased when he feels perhaps—he has seen such kinship within his own ranks.

A true family.

Tauris ushers him in with a graceful gesture—her words kind given Mae’s certain brand of attitude, and as any father would, he feels a warmth in his chest—fondness for the woman who sought to reassure him.

Tauris’s question drew a lift of his brows in surprise. Yet, given the rush of Arric’s voyage and the circumstances, he held no doubt the details had been vague. He bowed his head slightly at this, eyes drifting between either companion as they moved to the den where the pup nursed.

“Moss,” he offered, his deep tones hitching for a moment before he cleared his throat. “As you know, she’s been sick… But it seems she died giving birth in the swamp. The babe is hers—the details seem to be lost in the circumstances.”

He lifted his head, eyes ahead, trying to keep his mind from revisiting the hollow and blank stare of his fallen friend. “From what I know, Eshe and Mae discovered her, but another pair of wolves—rogues I assume—tried to steal the baby from them. They tried to attack Mae when she took the girl but Wren showed up… Eshe went to help Mae. I assume they found Arric—and brought her here. Wren’s in a state, but she should be okay…”

She had to be okay.

When Gunnar spoke, Akavir’s gaze was sharp upon him—only for a moment, riddled with guilt. It wouldn’t even occur to him in that moment the possibility—“did they attack him, too? We’ll be setting up a patrol… We’ll find the wolves who did this to him. To Wren.”

Meanwhile, the news that Mae wasn’t there at the moment wasn’t necessarily a surprise, but he huffed out a soft sigh of exasperation. “So she squirreled from watching the new kiddo,” he mused, his tone tired but wry. “Sounds like Mae. But yeah... I guess without Mae I can move faster. We're eager to get her home... But thank you for all you've done. Again.”
Messages In This Thread
devour to survive, so it's always been - by Akavir - August 08, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Tauris - August 08, 2023, 04:52 PM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Gunnar - August 09, 2023, 02:49 AM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Akavir - August 09, 2023, 08:45 AM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Tauris - August 09, 2023, 12:34 PM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Gunnar - August 10, 2023, 10:37 AM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Akavir - August 10, 2023, 05:48 PM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Tauris - August 14, 2023, 01:48 PM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Akavir - August 24, 2023, 06:49 AM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Tauris - August 27, 2023, 11:18 AM
RE: devour to survive, so it's always been - by Akavir - September 08, 2023, 01:52 PM