The Heartwood [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Ever since her return, Wraen had harboured a quiet hope of meeting either of her brother again. She had known of his demise, when still alive. There were some matters that had never been settled between them. She had accepted that life was never perfect as stories. More often than not there were no happy endings, no "I am sorry"s and "I forgive you"s, no closures. Relationships poisoned by bitter arguments. And sometimes they simply ran out of material and people, who had once been very close, now stood before each other feeling indifferent. Worse than strangers. 

Being a ghost - free of worries for survival and fear of death - gave inexhaustible amounts of time to think things through, reminisce and make some conclusions. Wraen wished and hoped that in this big universe, where billions of souls from all the creatures that had walked this Earth lived, she would run into a familiar or rather a very specific couples of souls. Therefore, when she sensed a pull to yet another person, who had known her during life, she did not hesitate to respond. Full of hope she appeared in Heartwood - another place she had frequented as a young wolf, but which had not left any lasting impression. "Terance?" she called out to her siblings, her voice echoing in the forest. 

She met neither, but someone different. Another child she first seen as an infant and then grow up and reach those milestones that Wraen never had achieved - a mateship and family. Again with sadness she realized that this girl too had been taken from the world far too early. That they should have encountered each other not as two ghosts, but as a ghost and a middle-aged woman, who was still going strong and taking everything life had to offer. "I am glad to meet you," she told the girl, stepping out of the shadows to make her presence known. "I did not expect to see you here so soon though."
Needed to edit this post, because Wraen has, in fact, met Sarah.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror - by Wraen - November 03, 2023, 02:41 PM