The Heartwood [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Convincing people of realities of life was for the living. The ghosts - Wraen decided - had the freedom to choose, what they did with their ethereal existence. Therefore she readily agreed to Ibis's suggestion and followed her, looking for that perfect puddle to do leaf reading as keenly as her niece did. She became aware of, how easy it was for her to move as quickly or as slowly as she wanted now. The memory of how difficult had the last weeks of her life been was not as vivid. She rather remembered some details, facts, but not the exact feeling itself. Such as shortness of breath, constant headaches, heaviness of limbs and how even the shortest distances felt like thousand miles long. Now... as kind of a compensation for all that suffering, she could exist with ease again. 

It was also nice to feel as giddy as a child again! The passage of time is like an eternity, when you are a kid, because the amount you learn against the proportion of life lived is huge. Then over years you reach a point, where very few things surprise you, and there are even fewer that incite excitement. There are events that appear to repeat themselves over and over again. And - unbeknownst to you - you grow boring and somewhat cynical too. Now, however, having had a long break from the world, Wraen saw it with new eyes and without knowledge of, when her tenure here would end, she wanted to embrace the experience to the fullest. 

"Any luck?" she asked Ibis, who during Wraen's moment of contemplation had walked ahead. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror - by Wraen - November 06, 2023, 01:37 PM