The Heartwood [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen followed after her niece in the woods, noting, how much happier and more cheerful she looked now than she ever had seen her as a living wolf. There were foggy memories of Ibis's childhood, fragments of a little, very beautiful girl, who took after her mother in her looks, and whose innocence and belief in the goodness of the world and people in it had not yet been shattered. Then came Seabreeze's decision to leave and her brother's choice to stay. And to this day Wraen could not understand, why had loyalty to Sunspire and Rannoch had been more important to her brother than keeping his young family together? Did he ever regret it? She would never find out now. 

Then she remembered the angry teenager she had come across, when she had been scouting the lands beyond the Sunspire mountains. Again - the exact details of the argument escaped her and probably no longer mattered. What had been very obvious then... Ibis had not been happy. After that another long break and she had met the girl now very much in love and in hopes of creating a family. And even that gods or fate or both had not placed in her cards. Why was it so that some people got everything and then there were Ibis's of the world, who were being teased by hope of a happy life, have it dangled right above their noses and just withdrawn the moment they reached out to grab it. 

"I think that we need special kinds of leaves for that,"
Wraen explained, closing the distance between them and having the same trouble of moving the leaves. "What I mean - these leaves are dead. The essence of life - the spirit of them is, what matters, and what would work for us best," she told. "Shall we look for them together?" she asked. "What do you want to ask the oracle about the future?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror - by Wraen - November 08, 2023, 03:44 PM