Lake Rodney it's a sliver of glass; it is life, it's the sun
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
The hardest part was trying to keep himself from bursting out in laughter; the incident had tickled him into losing his composure at the time, and even after years had passed, the memory struck him as if it was an inside joke. Of course, he had to try to keep in mind the fact that this wasn't his memory, but his father's- but it helped that Bronco had always had a childish sense of humour. 

"There was a meeting, or something...Towhee's kids would've been like, my age or younger," He said. Not having all the details was key for making it seem as if this wasn't his memory at all. "And I think Towhee was in charge? So she's giving the pack this talk, and it's all business, important stuff...I think she was askin' to see who wanted to step up and be a leader or something like that." He said with a slightly guilty shrug. His memory wasn't perfect either, which helped. A little giggle preceded the next bit. "When Caracal decided to introduce himself, but he, uh, he couldn't really, uhm...Pronounce his name right?" Now this was starting to sound dumb. Maybe it wasn't nearly as funny out of context, but he struggled a bit to keep himself from snickering. "According to my dad, he just like...Stuck himself out there, and said-" He did his best to imitate the boy's light voice- "I AM COCK HOLE!" 

Oh god, he hoped this was at least faintly amusing to Killdeer. 

He reflected for a moment, and realized that that meeting had taken place only a day before he'd found out that Fennec had been pregnant; technically, Killdeer would have been there too. He wished he could just go back in time...

"I, uh, never got to meet him...But I bet he was a cool guy." 

He could only imagine how much Killdeer wished he could turn back time, too.
Messages In This Thread
RE: it's a sliver of glass; it is life, it's the sun - by RIP Bronco - November 30, 2023, 08:48 PM