Noctisardor Bypass I own that technology now.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,270 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"i wanted you to stay for druid! hunt for druid! get medicine for druid. that's why i wanted you here. stop trying to take care of me, anselm."
her voice broke now; no, no, no more tears, please. he irritated her with what felt like entitlement but her anger was for herself, layers of rage meant only to bludgeon her own soul with regret.
"so now you know. you don't have to try and piece anything else together." heda stared down at the cache, too tired to even break the mounded earth. but she knew she would, for druid. her relief came when her eyes closed.
for now, she pulled them back to anselm, looking at his torn ears, the bright frustration in his golden eyes.
they both had the gilt-gaze, she noted numbly. it would be surprising if the boys didn't grow up to have it too.
a surprising rush of warmth pooled in her chest, followed by the drying sunstrike of remembering how anselm, his strong arms tight around her waist, refused —
lying? lied? heda sensed this was what he was talking about and did not address it, retreating into herself protectively. maybe he meant that she'd lied about wanting them there. surely he didn't care suddenly about impregnating her, refusing to marry her, and then telling her to take care of things. 
no. she lifted her chin. "druid needs you and etienne. she may not say it. she can't. she's — she's healing from more than what he did." heda tried to keep her voice steady. "i know you two and fiona have no ties to us. i assume etienne feels obligated to help." she studied anselm. "if you don't want to be here, if you want to go home, then go home. i mean that. no hard feelings. home is what you're willing to defend."
a sigh, whispering. her paws began their brief excavation of the cache. "and i'm not going to ask you to fight glaukos again." a silence fell then, punctuated only by soft clods of dirt being pulled from the earth, and then two sparrows, their feathers dragging in the pile.
Messages In This Thread
I own that technology now. - by Anselm - April 09, 2024, 04:44 PM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Heda - April 09, 2024, 05:17 PM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Anselm - April 09, 2024, 09:18 PM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 08:29 AM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Anselm - April 10, 2024, 09:16 AM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 10:26 AM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Anselm - April 10, 2024, 10:41 AM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 10:52 AM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Anselm - April 10, 2024, 11:00 AM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Heda - April 10, 2024, 11:08 AM
RE: I own that technology now. - by Anselm - April 10, 2024, 11:48 AM