The Sunspire I'm just sitting here remembering how your lips taste
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Hmmm... let me think," Wraen replied, closing her eyes and going through her memories of people she had met during her outings. Very few were really extraordinary, most of the time exchanges were simple, everydary like. Except... here she smiled and chuckled.

"I don't know about them being the strangest, but it was definitely funny," she told him. "So the other day I am down in a forest, having a nap in my favorite hiding place - in an old willow tree that is perfect for the task - and I hear someone walking by. Naturally, I got curious, got up and spoke to the guy, presenting myself as the Witch of the Forest and asked, what he was doing there, trespassing. 

Kind of reckless of me, because the guy was built like a warrior, but I had the advantage of being up in a tree and therefore unreachable. What is amusing - he either bought the story to be truth or decided that I am mad and played along. Asked, what would happen to him now - him trespassing and all,"
here were some blank spots in memory and the account of the events were as close to truth as possible with additions from imagination.

"I say that he has to guess three riddles correctly and then he can go. He settled for it and we began. I asked him: "What goes without feet and never comes back." Having "Time" as an answer. Yet he says: "Air." I scratch behind my ear, think about it - well, technically, it can also fit. So I say to him - not correct, but you pass for creativity. 

Next one: "who flies without wings and roars without a throat?" I think about the storms and whirlwinds. But he cries out: "AIR! AIR! It has to be air." I start to laugh, but think a little more - alright, technically, the wind is "air". Sort of. So - I give him a pass. 

We come to the final one: "All of us have it ahead of us every day, but we never see it - what is it?" The long sentance being a very elaborate way of saying simply "future". Can you guess, what this guy said?"
she asked with a smile, barely able to contain laughter.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just sitting here remembering how your lips taste - by Wraen - July 14, 2018, 05:07 PM