The Sunspire He is just a toy but I turn him on and he comes to life
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen winced and her paws dug in the ground, when Terance snapped at her for suggesting that it was high time the mothers started to provide for themselves. She wrote this emotional outburst off as not something personal to take to the heart, but it was still not pleasant to be treated in such a way, when all she had wanted to have, was a constructive discussion. 

"Actually - I was going to offer the same thing," she told Terance, once Rannoch had finished his report. "Take shifts with hunters - one party goes out in the morning and returns by mid-day, feeds the kids, takes the sitting duties and lets the mothers off until the night-time," she explained in a calm manner. "That way more people are with the kids at any given time and taking care of eight puppies is not solely on the shoulders of just three wolves. It will also give some rest for us - hunters - and have moms also contribute to feeding the children. Their appetites are not going to get any smaller," she added, not mentioning that the latter approach had failed miserably. 

"And since the threat came from within the territories, I also wanted to suggest that the area you guard now is made smaller and concentrates more on the immediate vicinity of the puppies. They are our liability at the moment," she continued. "And also - we are running pretty low on the food in Sunspire read. I can't speak for the rest, but I have to travel quite far every day to get anything at all. And I am afraid that at this rate the situation is not going to improve by winter. Which means that we have to think about moving the whole pack to a more suitable area before that time comes. Maybe in autumn, when the puppies are older."

"And in regards of the future - I am afraid, that if - in terms of members and children born - we go the same rate next year, we will kill any location we settle down in terms of food within months," and not only that, she did not want to be run in the ground by the constant search for food like it was happening now. "This does not mean that I want to revert to culling - but, in my opinion, if there are accidental pregnancies like Olive's next year, that wolf or wolves will have to go. I am for reserving the sole rights to breed for leaders only."
Messages In This Thread
RE: He is just a toy but I turn him on and he comes to life - by Wraen - August 05, 2018, 03:58 PM