Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Good Lord," Wraen took an involuntary step back, when the inhabitant of the cave replied, the sound of it's voice changed, heightened and throwing weird echoes in the caverns. It was easy to believe that there truly was something supernatural living here and that the best course of action would be taking it's advice and getting lost. However, Wraen's pragmatic side of mind kicked in, reminding her that, even though she enjoyed stories that dealt with magical creatures, it did not necessarily made them real. That it was more likely that she saw and heard, what she wanted to see and hear. Not more, not less.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, pushed all fear and concern in a closet that was located somewhere in her mind palace and opened her eyes to look at the whole situation with clear and rational mind. First she let her gaze travel across the walls and ceiling of the cave and found nothing extraordinary there. The conclusion of this thorough inspection was that the source of the sound was located somewhere on the ground. Her eyesight in the dark was not at it's best, therefore she leaned her head down and began to explore the floor by sniffing and feeling it with her whiskers, slowly making progress towards the skull, where the little rascal was hidden.  

She soon realized that checking the facts had been the right decision, because she her brain recognized the particular scent of a mustelid, fresh and pungent. Among the sand and rocks that carried to particular odour at all, this one stood out like a beacon in a dark night. As she came closer, she sensed the warmth of a living creature in the vicinity and finally she found the whitened skull, where the animal was hiding. Here she stopped and pawed at the bone, in order to turn it over and uncover the little ghost inside.