Firefly Ravine And with my sad picture of girl getting bitterer
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
When Wraen's heart had ceased to believe that she was about to die, it's frantic rhythm went from staccato to legato and a deep sigh of relief put a finishing touch to a very erratic and nervous étude. Done with music, the girl inspected the bottom of the ravine and much to her delight found a stony path that would lead her over the river, if she was swift and agile enough. Now was turn to gymnastics under duress, because if she slipped and fell in the ice-cold water, even if she did not drown, this would considerably lessen her chances of survival as a lone wolf. 

She took in a deep breath, counted to ten, measured the distance between the rocks and on the third try began the dangerous way over the river. And during this she learned that sometimes, preparation takes more time than actually doing the task. She jumped from one rock to the other, to the other and was on the other bank in no time. "Whew," she said to herself, while looking over to her shoulder of the distance she had already covered. The climb upwards on this side of the river was easier (because maybe walking upwards is always different than going down) and after some clever moves and determination that would make any mountain goat proud she had made up all the way to the solid ground. She sat down there on the edge, feeling, how much effort it had taken to get here (and realizing that she would have to look for a different path after this; she simply could not imagine Maia coordinating her mass on this dangerous terrain, if light-weight Wraen had had difficulties) and how tired her feet were.

She had not sat there for long, until someone else's sudden approach startled her and almost sent her down the ravine via short (painful-) cut. Wraen reacted by moving away to a safer spot and regarded the young female wolf with curiosity and pity, because she was definitely no-one's daddy. A very long time had passed, since she had last seen Ibis, therefore no wonder that she did not recognize the girl, who had outgrown the cream-coloured fluff-ball she had been many months ago. "Did you lose someone?" Wraen asked as she would have to any stranger that she considered of being in need for help.
Messages In This Thread
And with my sad picture of girl getting bitterer - by Wraen - November 07, 2018, 07:13 AM
RE: And with my sad picture of girl getting bitterer - by Wraen - November 17, 2018, 05:50 AM