Sun Mote Copse down, among a million same
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh, I agree, but I doubt that brute strength alone is enough to be a good leader," Wraen replied to his question. "There is a beautiful allegory for this in the stories told by my forefathers," she went on after a brief pause. "There is this supreme god - strongest and the most powerful of them all - Zeus by name and in the tales he has many wives. Metis, who is personification of prudence and wisdom. Themis, who personifies justice, law and order. Eurynome, who was mother of Graces. Mnemosyne - godess of memory. Hera, who stands for family values. And he has many interactions with mortals too," she told.

"Of course, one can lament the god for having many wives and not being very faithful, but the point is that supreme power has to be allied with wisdom and prudence, divine majesty has to have a bond with justice, law and order, strength has to be harmonized by grace and beauty and such leader has to have compassion for those, who are weaker," she finished. "Long story short - strength and power alone are not very stable stones to stand on, if one wants to be respected, admired and have a long rule."

They talked for a little while longer, but eventually Wraen decided that she might be boring the other party with her lengthy philosophical talks and therefore gave him a rest from it. Bid a goodbye and most likely never saw him again.
Messages In This Thread
down, among a million same - by Tulimaq - January 09, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Wraen - January 12, 2019, 10:59 AM
RE: down, among a million same - by Tulimaq - January 13, 2019, 05:36 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Wraen - January 14, 2019, 02:22 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Tulimaq - January 14, 2019, 05:16 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Wraen - January 16, 2019, 02:57 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Tulimaq - January 16, 2019, 04:55 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Wraen - January 17, 2019, 07:30 AM
RE: down, among a million same - by Tulimaq - January 17, 2019, 04:24 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Wraen - January 18, 2019, 02:00 PM
RE: down, among a million same - by Tulimaq - January 18, 2019, 03:39 PM