Hideaway Strath One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen listened to the coyote mix speak and, though she had not been asking for either civility or friendliness, she appreciated that he gave her a lie to believe in. That the boy had not been crushed and suffocated by rocks, that somehow, somewhere he had made it out alive. That someone had found him and taken good care of him. She had failed him, she could not longer do anything to change things, but maybe... maybe... someone had. 

"Were you looking for someone here yourself?" Wraen asked, just in case the man had been in the strath for a similar reason. Had the circumstances been less harsh, she would have extended a welcome to visit the copse and have a meal before heading off. But since her pack had so many people and only so much food that no one had to starve, but no one had enough either, she did not say anything of the sort. Towhee appeared and the Sovereign mindfully turned to her cousin, gave her a watery smile and said: "Hey, Towhee! Just asking this gentleman, if he had seen Elfie around."
Messages In This Thread
One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Ephraim - November 23, 2019, 08:36 AM
RE: One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Wraen - December 14, 2019, 05:01 PM