Sawtooth Spire I was drunk, said I was sober, and you said yeah right
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Pack Activity 
I have about 20 other threads needing replies but... wanted to get this up. Packtivity to come meet Wylla's pups, who are officially 1 month old! Next round will start April 10th, no particular post order. This pack activity isn't mandatory, but Wylla might be offended if anyone doesn't show up, excluding Agana since she has her own baby to deal with! @Wintersbane @Mahler @Quellcrist @Elfie @Stag @Star @Nyx @Phaedra @Thade

Up until now, Wylla managed to keep her growing pair of cubs corralled in the den. It was very different from when she'd reared Tiercel and happily taken the newborn out into the breeze; this time she felt a more fierce need to keep them sheltered. Maybe it was because she didn't know or trust her packmates as much as she ought to or perhaps it was just the delayed onset of maternal instinct coming on a year too late, but she bided her time until their senses were more or less fully developed.

Once they were reacting to both verbal and visual cues and regularly supped on meat regurgitated by their parents, she decided it was probably time to loosen the reins. She rose in her spacious den, performed a few stretches to limber up, then strolled out into the misty mountain morning. Through the thin blanket of fog, she could make out the unfurling leaf buds on the trees. Even though there was still a decent concentration of snow up on the mountain, grass was beginning to poke through in areas that saw the sun most of the day. It was positively serene.

She tilted her head back and loosed a low, sonorous howl to summon the pack to her location. With that complete, she turned around and gruffly barked, c'mon, then, to her children, slapping her forepaws on the ground and waving her tail high above her lifted rump in an effort to entice them out. No doubt they wouldn't need much coaxing.