Nova Peak Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Last round unless some discussion happens that pushes it forward! No post order, basically a free for all now.

She expected some sort of agreement, maybe some well-put thoughts on better ways to proceed—they had, after all, abandoned a far better fortified territory just to put distance between themselves and their new neighbours, and she was certain that none of them wanted to go through that again—but instead she got the wolf equivalent of a middle finger from one of Sagtannet's newest.

First Taikon, whose first impression had been so impressive to her, disagreeing in a thinly veiled question. That would've been fine, every wolf had a right to their concerns and she would have listened, but he had the sheer audacity to meet her eye in the process. There was no greater insult than to look a leader in the eye, especially in a tense situation like this. Wylla transformed in an instant, letting her fur stand on end and flagging her tail high over her back as she drilled her gaze into his and bared her teeth in a silent warning. How fucking dare you, her posture screamed. He hadn't even been there a week and he was already challenging her via his body language. It seemed his polite border etiquette had been nothing but an act, and she was sick to death of wolves like him that couldn't be bothered to show basic respect to their leaders. If not for others swiftly agreeing with him, she would've revoked his welcome to Sagtannet and sent him off with her teeth in his hide. She had no time or tolerance for disrespect, certainly not from a newcomer.

But then Asra spoke, shifting Wylla's attention away from Taikon, lucky for him, and then Takiyok cut in with the same concern, although her suggestion was taken better. At least Takiyok had the sense to know that removing the cliff wolves was a possibility they had to consider, whether or not it was warranted. She was always a reasonable wolf, but Wylla knew that if push came to shove, she would side with her new beau, and that did nothing to smooth her ruffled nerves. Star nodded, but Wylla couldn't be sure exactly what that meant. Stag was the only one who backed her and spoke out against waiting for trouble to come. Such a sensible wolf—his father's son, from what little she knew of Stigmata. Not for the first time, Wylla looked out over the wolves of Sagtannet and thought, this is no pack of mine.

A sentiment that was finalized when Mahler said and did nothing. He didn't seem to care when Taikon met her gaze. He did not offer any thoughts to the wolves of Sagtannet on the matter of the cliff wolves—had he not been grievously wounded defending them before? Now he apparently didn't care about the cliffs being occupied. No support from him. Instead, he loomed over her in a way that made her feel like he was squashing her authority with his own, belittling and embarrassing her in front of the entire pack with his display, and it was enough to snuff out any desire Wylla had to continue with the meeting. She had given a lot in service to Sagtannet, and only one of them had ever deserved it. Well, she was done with it. She looked to Stag momentarily, meaningfully, then glared out at the rest.

Suit yourselves, she ground out. We'll wait for them to hurt someone. Like spineless dogs, she thought. It was the way of the wild to compete for resources and best their rivals, and she had always been wild in that sense. How had this pack that allegedly sought to claim everything in the mountain range been reduced to this? She'd waited to see whether a pack next door was a problem, once upon a time. Her brothers ended up being attacked while she sat on her ass. In her paranoid mind, it was only a matter of time before the newcomers decided to test their mettle. When that day came and the sea rose up, she decided viciously, Sagtannet could drown.

That's all, she curtly concluded.
Messages In This Thread
Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Wylla - November 08, 2020, 12:01 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by RIP Star - November 08, 2020, 12:10 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Taikon - November 08, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Asra - November 08, 2020, 02:52 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Mahler - November 10, 2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Takiyok - November 11, 2020, 12:21 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Thade - November 11, 2020, 04:31 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Klaus - November 11, 2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Stag - November 14, 2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Wylla - November 15, 2020, 02:57 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Taikon - November 15, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Asra - November 15, 2020, 09:03 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Stag - November 15, 2020, 09:36 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Takiyok - November 17, 2020, 07:07 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Mahler - November 17, 2020, 08:10 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by RIP Star - November 19, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Wylla - November 20, 2020, 09:32 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Stag - November 20, 2020, 10:17 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Klaus - November 20, 2020, 10:48 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by RIP Star - November 20, 2020, 12:10 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Mahler - November 21, 2020, 04:30 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Thade - November 22, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: Yeah, I'm loving all your warning signs - by Asra - November 25, 2020, 07:11 PM