Lake Rodney the hero of our own story
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Something changed profoundly in him after that," Wraen agreed, having heard the whole story now, but feeling still amazed that such a stoic, pragmatic and reserved family could turn into savage and dramatic beasts, when it came to conflicts. In all her life the most violence she had done was punch a hole in Towhee's pretty end and the rest were shouting matches, where insults flew like daggers and there was no end to verbal lava. She wondered then, if Arcturus would ever find a way to mend things with Hydra and the rest of the family, but then it was no business of hers. You could not make decisions for other people. "That threat was not so much about trespassing... but rather about me making Arcturus leave, which is not true," she clarified. "We never once spoke about you or politics either. I taught him to tell stories, still do that today."

"I don't doubt Arcturus - he is the most honest and loyal person I know," she replied with confidence and evident fondness, when she spoke her friend's name. "I do not care, what the world thinks in the end - and I believe that, whatever hurtful things were said to me came from a place of hurt and sadness in one's heart. One, who is truly happy, does not attack another in such a cruel way," she said. "I wish her all the best and I hope that both of us can live a long and happy life without coming at each other's throats again," Wraen smiled, then returned to the little story Hydra had told her earlier and the question that she had not answered. 

"That other girl in the past may argue that her words about her former home have been warped and misunderstood," she objected, though, who now remembered, what exactly had transpired. It no longer mattered. "I am not haunted by you - rather now I understand better that there are different ways of viewing the world and dealing with important matters. And your preferred way does not agree with, what I believe and stand for, but that does not make it necessarily wrong," she said. "After all were it not for Moonspear and you, I would not have come this far today," she shrugged. "And for that I am grateful," she dipped her muzzle politely. 

"I'll tell that you were looking for him, when I see him again," Wraen repeated her promise. "Farewell, Hydra. And best of luck to you and your family," she got to her feet and prepared to leave. Caldera was just around the corner, if she hurried, she could reunite with Maia on this very day.
Messages In This Thread
the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 11, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 10:29 AM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 01:34 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 03:23 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 19, 2020, 10:47 AM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 19, 2020, 01:51 PM