Nova Peak If you must fight, fight with yourself and your thoughts in the night
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Ah, spite. Her oldest and dearest friend.

It was shaped weirdly coming from his mouth, but spite was the sum of their relationship. Mahler would not see his faults if he was run over by them, and Wylla had done this once before. She had abandoned Grimnismal after dealing with Chusi's disrespect and then Caiaphas' threats. That had been a split second decision that she'd later regretted. This was an equally swift choice, but unlike before, this feeling of alienation and inequality and disregard had been festering for quite some time.

Iron jaws clamped tight over her emotions. She had always justified him with responses and hysterics before. Now? There was nothing left but a chill that reached into her very bones when he spoke, all but confirming that it was for the best if she never saw his patronizing face again.

I will speak to Thade and Phaedra. They're old enough to decide for themselves if they will stay here with you or come with me. For fear of Rusalka, she hoped they would follow her, but Phaedra had grown distant enough that Wylla felt sure her daughter despised her as much as the first did. Thade might follow, but he might see more value in staying with his papa, as well. She would leave it up to them, no matter how much it hurt. This choice was delivered in the monotonous, unfeeling tone of one who had nothing left to give. She thought she would seek Stag as well, but didn't say so. Nobody else deserved an explanation, but he deserved that and so much more.

And then I will be gone by first light, she declared, wholly devoid of any emotion. She already knew that her subordinates didn't trust her. Taikon was a problem now, and she could not deal with him without inciting those who supported him, and Mahler certainly would not support her in that. He'd shown her as much. What use in sticking around in a rank that had already felt hollow before this? If they thought they were better off without her, then off she would go.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If you must fight, fight with yourself and your thoughts in the night - by Wylla - November 20, 2020, 05:32 PM