Nova Peak If you must work, work to leave some part of you on this earth
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
She felt the cool touch of her nose between her ears and the solid foundation of calm purpose she'd been trying to maintain crumbled a little more. You didn't know, she breathed. Thade had never been part of a pack rally before. If she'd known the whole thing would go south so quickly, she never would've reprimanded him. She would've drawn the necessary strength from him so that Mahler's rejection would sting that much less.

I know you will. You're very brave. In the aftermath, she knew that Asra and Taikon were very brave as well, but also very stupid. At least Asra, while questioning her choices, had not looked her in the eye. If Taikon had not done that, there would've been more of a discussion. Maybe they could've all come to a decision that suited not only the wolves, like herself and Stag, but the tame dogs as well. It had been incredibly impetuous of her to call an end to the rally that quickly, but the damage had been done. Giving them a chance to voice their concerns and figuring out a course of action that suited all would not have erased how easily she was disrespected in front of everyone. That effect would've lasted, and her hold on the pack's leadership would've weakened.

And Mahler. He would still not have supported her. She believed, now, that he could never support her the way she needed as his equal, because he was too fat-headed to view anyone as his equal. Men always had their disgusting egos, and he was no different.

Listen, Thade, she said, pulling away and swallowing a raw breath. When stuff like that happens, and the pack does not respect their leader any longer, the leader cannot hope to lead them forward. It would have been alright, but... But your papa does not respect me anymore, either. That was the killing blow. I'm afraid my time here is at an end, she said, knowing the news should be broken delicately, but not having the means to ever do anything with a soft touch. Your sister is staying here with your papa. You are old enough to decide for yourself if you want to stay, too.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If you must work, work to leave some part of you on this earth - by Wylla - November 24, 2020, 10:21 AM