Firefly Glen but if the silence takes you, then i hope it takes me too
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,954 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
I think we should fade this and have an updated one, what say you? :')

Still, he said nothing. Before Meerkat's thoughts could really begin to swirl, he bent toward her, pressing his dark heat against her own, paler warmth. For whatever reason, this simple touch alleviated the trepidation that had begun welling inside her. She turned her head to smile against his fur, making a small crooning sound of pleasure as the last vestiges of uncertainty vanished to be replaced by a spangling sensation in her bloodstream.

For a while, they simply lingered like that. Meerkat slowly realized she might've put him on the spot with her blatant declaration. Just because he didn't reply with words didn't mean anything. Actions spoke louder anyway, so this embrace—not to mention this entire romantic setup—said a lot. And the more she clung to him and reflected on it, she wondered if she hadn't rendered him speechless, which was kind of flattering.

The magic of the night restored, she slipped away only after a good, long while to say, "Let's eat some of this food before it gets buried." She laughed, making a point to catch Atlas's eye and press her nose to his cheek before her attention drifted to the wintry picnic.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: but if the silence takes you, then i hope it takes me too - by Meerkat - January 14, 2021, 02:46 PM