Broken Antler Fen I want to watch wisteria grow right over my bare feet
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
946 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
because I love to make things awkwaaaaard

The hollowness that followed Brecheliant after Bridget’s howl had caused the frost-maned man to settle against a tree, inhaling... exhaling. His thought drifted to the generous woman, her short life. She hadn’t been old, had she?

His first thought had been to seek out Ibis... to see how she was. But her words still haunted him and he wasn’t quite ready to accept the implied truth of what she had said to him. 

And so he went to Maia—kind Maia, naive in so many ways and yet terribly endearing. Ibis might have lost an aunt, but she had lost a sister... and thus far, had been the only one to extend an olive branch of friendship toward him. 

And so he rallied to him a small meal for the new mother, his heart heavy as he sought her out. Only when he came to her home’s did he hesitate, his eyes falling on Ibis who he had not expected. He moved past her then, to the den entrance and noted a man embracing the gentle Maia, who he assumed to be Eljay. 

Dropping the hare toward the couple, his champagne eyes flitting behind and over Ibis only momentarily, he directed his attention to them once more, bowing his muzzle lower. I’m so sorry, Maia. She was a great she-wolf... He paused, a sigh escaping his lips. Anything that either of you need... don’t hesitate to ask.
Messages In This Thread