Moonspear rosehips
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Sialuk hadn’t seen Stingray, though Meerkat knew he wouldn’t be far. Knowing he would come soon to greet his little sisters, she let her attention drift back to them as well.

Narwhal, Meerkat whispered their son’s name, then continued in a louder voice, Orca and Seal. You are so loved.

Her eyes flicked upward when Alaric popped in to drop some gifts at the door. Meerkat smiled at him before he retreated, her gaze lingering on the sliver of world she could see outside the ulaq, still waiting for Ray’s sunny face to materialize.

In the meantime, Njord kissed her cheek. She angled her face into it before slanting her snout to press her nose to his jaw. Meerkat then dropped to brush her nose over the girls’ foreheads. She drew in their babyish scents and kissed their tiny, wrinkly faces. She was so happy they were here.

She closed her weary eyes and thought not only of their ill-fated litter mate but also of Swordfish and Vixen. Three of her children weren’t here. But the other three were. Meerkat wouldn’t for an instant take that for granted.

I wanted to move this along and get it wrapped! I’ll leave it up for a bit so others can post if they like before it’s archived.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
rosehips - by Meerkat - March 08, 2023, 01:15 PM
RE: rosehips - by Njord - March 08, 2023, 10:48 PM
RE: rosehips - by Seal - March 08, 2023, 10:57 PM
RE: rosehips - by Orca II - March 09, 2023, 10:00 PM
RE: rosehips - by Sialuk - March 11, 2023, 11:55 AM
RE: rosehips - by Meerkat - March 13, 2023, 09:18 AM
RE: rosehips - by Alaric - March 17, 2023, 05:16 PM
RE: rosehips - by Njord - March 19, 2023, 09:00 PM
RE: rosehips - by Meerkat - March 27, 2023, 01:35 PM