Wheeling Gull Isle do you dream about jesus or quantum mechanics
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
All Welcome 
After tending to @Heda during her labor and delivery; fussing over the newborns for a few hours; then going off to hunt for his depleted wife, Caracal was exhausted. But she needed sleep much more than he did, so he coaxed her to rest her eyes while he kept watch on the babies.

It was all very magical… until it wasn’t. By early morning on their second day, the new father was frazzled. The puppies mostly slept, though it seemed they took shifts so he never got a moment’s respite between cleaning a poopy butt or soothing a fussy infant before it could wake Heda. Sometimes, he did both at once!

For the love of God, he mumbled under his breath after drying off the latest bed wetter, please just be still. Dropping his voice much, much lower, he added, And go the fuck to sleep.

He refused to wake his mate, though he looked at her face and prayed that Heda would wake up soon. Caracal desperately needed some shuteye, especially as intrusive thoughts began crowding in his head between silent screams for help. He just needed a nap, for God’s sake.

And it was only day two.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
do you dream about jesus or quantum mechanics - by Caracal - May 17, 2023, 08:54 AM