Sea Lion Shores the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
He didn’t expect that answer, though it made Caracal’s eyes skitter over Gavrel’s burns with piqued curiosity. His heart went out to the man, who stumbled over his words about a fire that must’ve destroyed his home along with his face.

I’m sorry for your losses, Gavrel, he said solemnly.

His eyes caught on the makeshift crucifix on the ground. Holding onto Ava with one arm around her shoulders, he reached for it with the other. A Godly man would offer his fellowship to this ailing stranger, Caracal knew, but something about the whole situation stymied him.

They made small talk until all wayward daughters were collected and they could make the crossing. Caracal ushered John and the girls ahead, then scooped up his cross and paused to look at Gavrel one last time. He smiled, waved and then looked away, guiding his family home, trying not to think of it as leaving Gavrel out in the cold.

Wrapping for us! :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader - by Caracal - October 03, 2023, 10:06 AM