Sun Mote Copse Undo
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I am afraid so, yes," Wraen nodded, feeling sorry that she was the one to bring the bad news. She tried to remember, whether she had felt shocked to find herself dead, had she needed someone to tell her this and comfort her in the beginning? There certainly had been some sadness, not of her passing itself, but the fact that there would be people, who would mourn. Wraen knew, what loss had felt like, and as she had aged the number of people, who she had known and who had died, had grown.

You could tell yourself that they would never leave your heart, that in a way they stayed alive, but it was not entirely true. Life went on, new events took place and memories faded. Therefore she could not tell Bronco that it was not too bad or that there were exciting things waiting you in the afterlife. Or really anything that would make him feel better and lessen the depth of his sorrow of a lost life. For her dying had been a relief - a freedom loving spirit trapped inside a failing body meant agony and suffering. In the end you reach a point, where you no longer can pull through and your own comfort is more important than that of people, who love you. 

She was tempted to ask him about the circumstances of his death, but in the current setting it would be tactless. "But you are not alone. Everyone goes through this and... existence after death is not really lonely. It is different," she told him, trying to distract him just a little, but ready to be there and listen, if he wanted to linger on the topic. "When I was alive, they said that the death was the greatest mystery of all centuries. Now I can tell you that this is the most spot on description. Because death is a mystery and after dying you begin living in it. Nothing is set in stone, nothing is certain, you do not know the aim or the purpose, it is a slow-moving chaos... and it is different for everyone," she finished.

Messages In This Thread
Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 01, 2023, 11:46 PM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 02, 2023, 03:43 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 03, 2023, 03:49 AM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 03, 2023, 02:23 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 03, 2023, 02:51 PM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 03, 2023, 03:43 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 03, 2023, 05:00 PM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 04, 2023, 07:22 AM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 04, 2023, 11:24 AM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 04, 2023, 01:26 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 22, 2023, 01:45 PM