Lion Head Mesa dear heart
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
727 Posts
Ooc — anon
for @Racharra !! backdated pre birth but during pregnancy  

she sought her most precious gem, and turned it over in her paw. it was the one the young girl had provided to her, and it was always a comfort—something she would keep forevermore. and with a smile, Toula rose and swept up to find her.
maternal instinct swelled within her in full force now, and though once she had felt protective over the girl now it was something more. Toula knew the affection she bore for the cub was too significant to ignore, and she would not have her girl—her first girl!—ever imagining herself forgotten.
the Pharaoh was not so swift as she once was! pausing to catch her breath in the hall, she bid a fellahin help her at least pinpoint the location of the jewel.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
315 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
!!!

the nebet was not too far from her chambers, straightening as the fellahin sent to help in searching her whispers of the expecting Divine One's arrival. racharra spares the woman by meeting her halfway, pity crossing her brows. 

to see the expecting mothers already bloated with pups is one thing, but to watch as her Pharoah swelled each day with whatever beasts her foul husband had injected is another. racharra's already foul sentiments towards the royal children boil, but she keeps the lid closed for toula's sake.

Divine One. racharra curtseys. you look lovely as always.

[Image: 0bonbon.gif]
if only my heart were as cold as i pretend it is.
maybe i could get over this
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
727 Posts
Ooc — anon
there she was! Toula thrilled to see her, her joy compounded perhaps by her hormones. she felt things so much more deeply these days, even if she was unaware of it! 
I had something to ask of you, she breathed, it is important—but I will understand if you do not accept, Toula is speaking quickly, nervous—even if she knows what she wants, she will never demand it. ever since you have come here, I think that I must have loved you. I wanted nothing but for your safety, your happiness, your comfort, she remembers all of the children coming. she remembers feeling this way for them each, but only for one did they progress further and did she have a name for it.
and now I find that I do for you what my parents could not do for me, but, they did not live long enough to see it done, her heart broke to know it, but she would not let this dampen her meaning—could Racharra understand? 
I know I am not your mother, but, but she loved Racharra like a mother might. still, she would not try to possess Racharra—she was her own, a beautiful spirit. still, she wondered, would you take the name of Redsands? she asked, Racharra of the Redsands, she went on, not seeking to take from her the one thing her own mother had given—only seeking to add to it, seeking to give her something from her heart!
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
315 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
toula's own nervousness rubs off on the young girl, a drum beats in her chest as she anticipates the woman's request. but as the Pharoah's words spill in her flurry, the rhythm changes — no longer does her heart beat in anticipation but of pure joy.

of course you are my mother. with the pricking of her eyes, the darkness that festers in her washes away, if only for now. you have been more of one than she had ever been.. racharra sputters between short gasps. this is all i've ever wished for.

she may never be as loved as the royals. her blood may be filthy, and soon she will be replaced by those fortunate enough to be born to toula rather than left in her arms, but for now she can call herself racharra of the redsands. that alone returns a glimmer to her eyes.
i would like to take the name of Redsands.

Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
727 Posts
Ooc — anon
the joy Toula feels in her heart is immense. and before she can speak further, she moves to embrace the girl—her girl—and offer a doting kiss to her brow. 
I should warn you that there will be additional responsibilities, here her eyes were bright, playful! but the words were true. laying claim to her in the way that she had meant that the Pharaoh would ensure that Racharra wed well, and that would take time to find—something she was aware of. it afforded Racharra the rare luxury of a little more time. something Toula herself had not had, last known living of her own bloodline.
she brings her arm gently around the shoulders of the young beauty and says in earnest, you have made me very happy, my Racharra of the Redsands, and with a broad smile she asks, how should you like to celebrate?
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
315 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
a wide smile etched itself on the nebet's face, mirroring the woman in front of her. she may never get to be a true daughter of toula, but deep down she knew she'd always been racharra of the redsands, some way or another.

and i hope to keep you happy. a girlish giggle slips through her as she dabs her ankles against her cheeks. nothing lavish. that should be saved for the wedding, afterall.

but i will take on whatever new duties await me. her brows furrow after a firm nod.

Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
727 Posts
Ooc — anon
her eyes sparkle at the girls words. and why should both not be lavish, if that is your wish? Toula asks, laughing! think on it—you need not decide today. there is time, Toula is smiling still, her happiness an unfading thing this day with Racharra having accepted.
the new duties could wait one day more, Toula determined. a day of massages and being pampered is in order first, I think, she says with a wink. one must always look their best prior to the fulfilling of any duty, after all! 
and, with a grand flourish, Toula reached for Racharra of the Redsands and led her to the warmwaters, for a day to be spoiled!
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
315 Posts
Ooc — bon
Ambassador
oh fine! you pushed me! she could take advantage of this, anyways! if she's lucky, perhaps she'll get to meet him again.

and with that, racharra "allows" toula to "drag" her off to a spa day. though not like she fought very hard anyways, with such a wide smile across her lips.