lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Joining 
if you guys don't mind waiting @Greyback has the first post <3

The large female trudged slowly, her paws carrying her for a time she had long since lost track of. All she knew was that she was far from the mountains she once called home. Eventually, a new smell would come to her nose causing her to halt abruptly as she raised her head to take in her new surroundings. In the distance, she could see stones pointing to the sky like pillars, a very obvious landmark that was likely claimed by a local pack. Ira took a few steps back, the pain in her paws a reminder of how many times she had done this to avoid conflict in her travels. Perhaps this time would be different? Either way, she was tired and the thought of walking around another territory lit a fire in her paws that urged her to stay put. The roan wolf steadied herself as it was important to not give off the appearance of weakness before lifting her long muzzle to the sky to howl. She would then wait to see who answered her call.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Strolling through the undergrowth of the forest; sun shining down in patches over his sleet fur, the elder was busy familiarizing himself with the local fauna until a willowy howl cut through the air. Pausing, he perked his ears and turned towards the source of the call. It was unfamiliar, and sounded from the west, but help no aggression.

Raising his head, he called back, leting out a low long howl from within his chest. The sound crescendoing before tapering off and vanishing within the air. Whoever it was didnt have to wait long before he arrived.

Stretching his legs, and rolling his shoulders, Greyback swiftly turned around a tree, sparing one last look to a tiny patch of grass before breaking into a trot towards the border. Appearing from the tree line, a figure, tall and lithe was waiting. They looked young, and didnt pose a threat in his eyes, but he could never be too careful, especially with Valettes pups being born so soon.

Straightening his posture in case they were, Greyback walked closer. His head held high and tail in a straight line. "Hello," he greeted, dipping his head and giving a small bow. "How may I help you miss...?"

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira's ears perked at the low howl. She was ready to dip her head by the time the large male showed up, a sign of respect, although when her eyes scanned his form she paused. Ira felt her maw part slightly as something sparked in her eyes, but as fast as it showed it would disappear. Perhaps it is just a coincidence... The she-wolf kept her head lowered and responded promptly, Ira. Who do I speak with? And if I may, what pack resides here?
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Ira, Who do I speak with? And if I may, what pack resides here?"

Keeping a smile, the elder scanned the female, looking her up and down for any signs of sickness. It was clear right away that she was exhausted, and very thin. When was her last meal? Where had she come from? The pelt color was not one he had seen around these parts, and it reminded him slightly of the north, had she perhaps come from there? He felt something clench within his chest. "Evening miss, Ira," he replied, familiarized himself with her nature. The man still remained on edge as she slightly dodged his question.

"Im Greyback," He started, his voice vibrating deep within his chest. "and this is the border of Easthollow. How may we help you?" He pushed his question once more towards her, rewording it slightly. If she was here to join she would have to speak to @Valette

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Knowing this wolf was not outright hostile relieved the she-wolf, but her suspicion knawed at her as his eyes scanned over her. It wasn't until he said his name that her head slowly raised, a stern expression worn. So it really is you. Easthollow? She tested the name raising her snout. Do you find a comfortable life here? I come from lands far from here in search of a new home.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard Greyback's howl. She left her children in the safety of the clearing before making her way over to the border. The alpha female didn't know that Greyback was so keen on the borders. Perhaps she had missed a howl. Still, she was glad that he kept an eye out. Valette noticed that traveling was much easier now she wasn't nursing her pups anymore. It didn't take her long to reach the two.

Greyback was there with a younger female. Valette stepped closer. Her tail and head with raised to let the other know she was in charge but her eyes looked friendly and curious. "Hello. I am Valette. Alpha of Easthollow," she spoke. She then glanced at Greyback to see if he wanted to tell her something about this female.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Do you find a comfortable life here? I come from lands far from here in search of a new home."

"Comfortable?" He whispered, tasting the word on his tongue. "I suppose so. Yes, life is very comfortable here Miss Ira," He replied, the edges of his eyes crinkling as he gave a warm smile. "But it is not easy, we have mouths we need to feed, and others to defend." He then turned his head away, looking into the distance.

Greyback waited for Valette to appear, a smile painting his face as the chocolate colored woman emerged and made her way over. He was relieved she was recovering fast enough to where she could travel. It was something that never left his mind after Venicy's passing. 

"Good evening, Miss Valette." He greeted when she got close, bowing his head to her promptly before turning to face the young female in front of them. He waited for her to introduce herself to the stranger, interest prickling his pelt as he wondered what she would say. Ira was interesting, and he was intrigued by her. Something was pulling him towards her, something he couldn't explain.

"Hello. I am Valette. Alpha of Easthollow,"

The man stepped forward to be beside Valette, but never broke eye contact with Ira, his peach orange eyes stared into hers, his expression now blank. "This is Ira, a traveler. She says she's looking for a home."

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Just like the large male, Ira would be watching Greyback's every move. Her eyes hinted nothing only showing a blank stare as he answered her question. When Greyback looked away, her ears would perk at the sound of approaching footsteps. A wolf with a brown coat emerged, drawing the she-wolf's gaze as she gave a simple smile and bowed her head. Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss. She made sure her stance showed no aggression, only respect as the Alpha announced her status. What your packmate says is true. I have been wandering for quite some time now. Perhaps I could find a new home within your pack?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
When she came closer the alpha noticed some similarities between Greyback and this female that was introduced by Greyback as Ira. She had the same stripes above her eyes and the same peachy golden colored eyes. The female watched the two. Maybe it was just a coincidence. Greyback would probably know who was family and who wasn't. Just like all charcoal wolves wouldn't be related to her either.

"Welcome Ira," she spoke. "We have some space for new members," she spoke. "This is quite a family-based pack. The wolves who join we will come to see as part of our family. My question is if you are only staying with us for short-term or plan on staying long-term?," she wondered. There wasn't really a wrong answer but Valette liked to know a bit about the wolves and how long they intended to stay.

"Can you also tell me what task you would like to do if you were in our pack," she added. Valette talked calmly when asking her questions. There was enough time for Ira to ask questions of her own if she had those.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Sorry for the late reply!

Nose twitching, Greyback flicked his tail as the younger wolf locked eyes with him, her amber gaze fierce as fire. Normally the man would look away, however, he raised his head and continued to keep a stone expression, his eyes showing uncertainty as  his mind buzzed with questions. Whoever Ira was, it was clear that she was not intimidated by his size, something he rarely saw. Though her gaze bothered him slightly. Why would a wolf stare at him for so long with such a blank expression? Was it his scar?

He continued to stare as Valette spoke to the Ira, breaking eye contact ever so often to peer at Valettes face, searching for any sign of doubt. How did Valette feel about this strange wolf?

"Welcome Ira, We have some space for new members. This is quite a family-based pack. The wolves who join we will come to see as part of our family. My question is if you are only staying with us for short-term or plan on staying long-term? Can you also tell me what task you would like to do if you were in our pack?"

Greyback silently commended Valette for her answers towards the strange female, but he couldn't help but feel anxiety for the young. Valette's pups. Was letting a stranger in wise after such a short period them being born? Then again, all the members were constantly watching over them, maybe Ira wouldnt be allowed close. It wasn't that he thought she would hurt them, but the fact that she was a stranger. He thought back to the wild female he met when he first joined- Nanook. He now understood.

Sighing, he shook his head ever so slightly at his own thoughts and cleared his throat. "Where was it that you said you came from, again?"

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira wore a warm smile as she gave a small nod to Valette. Of course, Ma'am. I'm only out here wandering to find a new home, preferably permanent, but a home with a family would be much more welcoming than one without.

The she-wolf pressed her shoulders back to puff out her chest. I can assure you I would not be a burden to your pack if you choose to accept me. I was known for my endurance and strength in battle in my last pack. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a rusty hunter since I've only been able to take down smaller prey during my travels, but I can improve if you need more paws to feed the pack.

The younger wolf paused as she glanced back to her father, wording her answer to his question carefully. I come from cold lands that reside far from here. 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette focussed on the female as she talked. She dipped her head in a nod to indicate that she was listening to her. It seemed that the female herself found herself fit into a family structure. The alpha female smiled. "We could always use more wolves protecting our borders," she spoke to Ira. Especially with her youngsters. Valette liked to think of them as newborns but they weren't really newborns anymore. They grew so quick.

Greyback asked her a question, Valette thought was a bit irrelevant but maybe it was something he was curious about. The female stayed rather vague instead of saying a pack name. "Well, I think you would fit in this pack. So I will accept you. The first two weeks I would ask you to meet the other members and socialize. You can only be with the children if someone else is there," Valette spoke. That wasn't really a problem because the whole pack was helping with watching the children. "Welcome to Eathollow. Perhaps Greyback is interested in showing you around the territory. Like Stone Circle, the nice places in the forest and the bison on the plains."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Sorry for the late reply!
"I can assure you I would not be a burden to your pack if you choose to accept me. I was known for my endurance and strength in battle in my last pack... "

Endurance and strength. Greyback's ears perked at those two words, his tail flicking behind him as he mulled them over. Those would be excellent while hunting, and even more for protection of the pack. Though, the word 'battle' made his muscles twitch. While he did not approve of such actions, he knew it was not unexpected; pacifism is rarely seen.

"Welcome to Eathollow. Perhaps Greyback is interested in showing you around the territory. Like Stone Circle, the nice places in the forest and the bison on the plains."

The man wasn't surprised when Valette welcomed Ira to Easthollow, he expected it due to the Alpha's nature. She was always welcoming to those around her, ready to help if necessary. Though he was still weary of such openness towards strangers, fearing that one day the wrong wolf would be let in. Nevertheless though, Greyback trusted her, and Ira.

Giving a bow to Valette, he rose up and looked to Ira, giving a warm welcoming smile. "Welcome to Easthollow, Miss Ira. If you follow me I'll gladly show you around." Turning, he was ready to lead her off, but not before looking to the chocolate colored wolf one last time. "Lady Valette, is there anything you wish for me to bring back?"

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The slender wolf dipped her head to Valette as she moved close to Greyback to follow. Thank you, Ma'am I won't dissapoint you. Her gaze turned to her father. I'd be happy to get some bearings of the area.