Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Vela 

Either Rannoch or someone else had told Wraen once that the majestic pine forest at one edge of the Firefly glen had once been home to a wolf pack. Now only memories remained, since nothing else here indicated of the kingdom it had been and the people, who had inhabited it's lands. 

Wraen had been drawn to this place more out of practical matters and recalled the scraps of history, when she had managed to hunt and kill a hare, made a good deal out of it and with belly full, her eyes could observe the landscape and her mind wander.

The forest was very quiet and peaceful at this time of the year, she could not hear or smell any other living soul (of wolf-kind) around and this made her wonder, why had no one taken this territory as their home. In many aspects it was just as good as the Lost creek hollow Sunspire had claimed now, the only drawback being the vicinity of the hostile Moonspear wolves.

But one day... it occurred to her, when life would be different, better, she could settle down here with her family. Make Neverwinter forest first a home and then a proud kingdom again.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
It didn't sit well with Vela that her father had been attacked at random. She didn't want to sit quietly at Moonspear's territory knowing that her father had to live without an eye. The speckled woman had gotten a taste of traveling with her father only recently and decided to go investigate herself. She was determined to find her father's attacker but she didn't really think how much she looked like her father that she could be a target as well. Such things didn't really scare her or came to her mind as she was too focused on finding this female with a dark head and light body.

It had brought the female further than she had ever gone. She had not gone further than Firefly Glen but now she had passed it and veered to the west around the large mountain. If she would have explored that mountain, she would realize it was a huge crater, however, from her level she would not know that. The female continued on towards a forest. It felt thrilling to be out on her own. She almost didn't want to enter the forest as she had never seen trees stand so close together. She did enter eventually as she realized this might be the perfect place to hide for an attacker. Especially when the light barely reached the ground.

The speckled female moved further, but she was clearly on alert. Her mind making her more hyped than she should. She had all the scenarios in her head, but the most prominent was where she would drag the deceased female's body to her father as a trophy. She moved soundlessly through the forest, forgetting the time as she continued within it. When she heard someone she instantly ducked down and tried to spy on the approaching being. As it turned out it was a wolf, a female, but not one with the description of her father's attacker.

Vela stepped from the undergrowth and revealed herself for the other. Her eyes looked strict as she was on a mission. She wouldn't have any distractions, or so she believed. Her body language was a bit strict but that had more to do with the fact that she was in unfamiliar territory.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
A surprise attack on you, while asleep, is bad enough, but in defence of your own recklessness (to rest at a place, where you can become a prey or victim to bloodthirsty beasts or crazy people) you can always say that, while unconscious and with eyes closed you can not defend yourself properly. It's even worse - as Wraen was to soon find out - when you are surprised by a Moonspear wolf (therefore enemies and crazy people by definition), while daydreaming with your eyes wide open.

Falling down from the fuzzy cloud of lovely imaginary future and hitting the ground hard was anything but pleasant. Once Wraen's eyes fell on the all too familiar form of Charon, who was standing in her way as a hell-hound before Hell's gate. Ready to spring and drag her down. After the first shock, where she stood with an evident Oh, shit! expression, her rational mind kicked in, telling her that this was a lookalike of her nemesis, but not him. A little consolation in the face of the fact that Cerberus could be lurking around still. Wraen was convinced that the three sisters had a full-time occupation of stalking and spying on Moonspear members. 

Another long moment later, while metaphorical-her splashed around the pool, frantically searching for something to pull herself out, she found a very hopeful branch to grasp: if this wolf, no matter, how similar to Charon she looked, had not tried to eat her face yet, maybe, just maybe she had no idea that she was facing the traitorous enemy of her father and sisters. Which could mean, that she could get out of this situation well and unharmed, if she played her cards well. 

"May I help you?" the stiffness from her body melted away (with considerable struggle), as she put on the "polite and friendly" suit, after deciding to begin with good manners first.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela noticed that the female at first met her with shock. This was quite strange to the female as a stranger had never met her in such way. She didn't even think that this female would associate her with her father. Sure, they did look similar but the main reason why she didn't make the association because she felt that her father was generally good with other wolves. With exception the female with the white body and dark head, of course.

The female seemed to relax after a moment which took Vela as an invitation to step curiously closer. Not too close but better to have a conversation with the other. Vela was indeed clueless that she was facing the traitorous enemy of her father and sisters. In fact, she had never even heard about a whole pack as an enemy. The other female seemed to be more polite and friendly. Vela decided to take on the same disposition. She would not go overly excited tail wagging but a neutral stance.

"I hope so. I am looking for a female. She is white of body color but her head is all dark. Have you seen such female?," she asked the other. It was a very specific description, which made the speckled female hope that this other wolf knew the female. It would make her search that much easier. Vela's deep blue eyes fell into those of the other. She noticed that she had a wonderful green color. It reminded a bit of the color of her mother.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I am looking for a female. Oh, please, whoever's up there, not me. Wraen thought, fighting hard not to let her inner fear of being recognized noticed, and keeping up the smiley-face, while she listened to the end of the girl's inquiry. It was not her. Charon was having a feud with yet another wolf, who did not even remotely resemble anyone of the Sunspire's founding crew. Good for her, bad for, whoever out there, he was after. She recalled all too well, how Cerberus had treated Titmouse or Screech, or whatever his name was in the end, and had no wish to know, what the three dark sisters were going to do, when they found this poor female. It did not cross her once that this time - unlike others - the lady in question had really earned all the wrath in the world.

"Ummm... no, never seen a wolf of that appearance," she shook her head. "What happened, what did she do?" she asked, hoping that beating Charon's daughter, she would buy more time, until questions would be asked about Wraen herself.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela watched the female, getting a vibe that she was rather weary for some reason. Perhaps she was seeing things wrong. The speckled woman groaned. "Shit," she huffed though her frustration was not directed at the female, even though it might seem like she did. "Thanks for letting me know." Her guarded blue eyes watched the female if she could be trusted. She wasn't too keen on telling a stranger that her father was wounded and weak at the moment. Then again, like this stranger had any connection with her father? What would the chance be.

"Long story, really," she decided to say. Besides, the whole story was rather vague for her as well. One she was not confident on telling truthfully. Vela was kind of sick of searching and decided that she could use a break. Perhaps she could work on her skills of making friends outside of the pack, like Andalusia. She had been positive about strangers maybe she should try it as well. "I'm Vela," she introduced, her stance still neutral. "Can I help you with something in return?," she offered, trying to be kind.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You're welcome, I guess?" Wraen was not sure that she had been helpful at all, but - hey - if her sloppy answer had got her in the girl's good books somehow, then she should not worry about that much. She was also glad that she did not get to know, what exactly this criminal at large had done to Charon, because this would make her wonder, what could the blunt facts be behind the exaggerations and biased opinions of her former alpha. 

Vela? She had seen the girl last, when she had been just a whelp, though even then she had had a remarkable likeness to her father. Now it was even more prominent, though in more feminine forms. And she had to admit that this version of Charon was much more attractive and likeable on a purely physical level. Whether she had just as inflated ego as her dear pa, or self-righteousness to a fault like Hydra, was to be found out.

There is this saying about not blaming kids for their family's faults, but her dislike for certain members of that family was so deeply rooted that she could not see past it at this moment. "I do not think that you have to. I really did not say anything helpful," Wraen shook her head in denial, more eager to get rid of this company than before. Vela might be fine, but she did not want to encounter the dark sisters. "Where are you from, exactly?" she asked, feeling like a hypocrite, because she knew this perfectly well.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela watched the female as she didn't seem to be so convinced she helped. Now she thought about it, then yes, the female didn't really helped that much. Vela was just trying to not so judgmental all of the time. Plus being that serious all the time didn't give her a lot of friends in the end. She realized that she didn't have many friends and liked to change that in her life.

The female then spoke, saying that she wasn't really helpful. "I guess you are right," Vela admitted and groaned, though it was more frustration towards herself. Being someone else that who she truly was wasn't working for her. Vela turned her ears forward when asked where she was from. 'A mountain, south from here," she explained. "It is called Moonspear," she added.

The speckled woman looked over her. "You didn't give me your name," she realized. She remembered the last time she met a stranger, he didn't want to give his name. It was frustrating. "You don't smell like a pack, I think? Do you have a home?," she asked curiously. Perhaps Vela could be useful and at least try and recruit someone. However, she didn't know it would be a hopeless case.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh, right," Wraen's reply was short, because, if she had said anything as specific as "never heard about this place before" she would have to think twice as hard about her answers. Coming up with convincing lies had never been her forte, she preferred the less complicated "not saying everything" technique. But even this method was falling short, because Charon's daughter pressed for Wraen's name. And, what could she give her?

She could, of course, be open about everything and reveal, why she was so reluctant to talk and interact, but she had not only her safety to be concerned about, but Maia's too. Maybe Vela was not as dangerous as her three older sisters, but apples do not fall far from the apple tree, do they? "I think it's for the sake of my safety that I do not tell you my name," she finally said. "I am sorry."

"I travel at the moment. The world is my home,"
 she added in response to the second inquiry.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela had not expected that answer from the female. She just expected a name. Why was everyone so difficult with handing out names? Was this what was normal? Vela looked confused, and slightly annoyed. "How could giving me your name bring you into any danger?," Vela questioned. She kind of wanted to know now. This female didn't look anything like the female she was looking for. She shouldn't really be in any danger. "Right. Okay. Any name I can call you instead then?" She did appreciate the honesty the female offered her. She did not introduce herself on a false name at least.

"That sounds wonderful," she spoke. She however was bound to the mountain, and perhaps forever. That sounded a bit suffocating. "So, since you can't tell me you name, then it would probably not wise to join Moonspear then," she thought out loud. She gave the female another glance. "Are you an enemy of Moonspear?," she asked suspiciously. "You hardly can't be. I never heard about you."

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I have got my reasons," Wraen chose the same cryptical type of answer as before, though the reasons were outdated and did not apply to her anymore. She was not with Sunspire anymore, she was on her own and did not see, how she could be viewed as a dangerous being any more than the next wolf Vela would happen to meet.

A different name then, of course. The first thing that came to her mind was "Greeneyes", but it had a rough sound to it and she would have to cringe inwardly every time Vela would address her. No, something different. Then she recalled a meeting that had taken place almost a year ago with a wolf, whose name she had forgotten, but who had called her Veeri - the star that glows green. She had liked the word then, she liked it now still and decided to stick with it. Besides, it was close enough to her real one too. 

"You can call me Veeri," she said and had to smile, when Vela said that she should not join Moonspear. Wraen agreed wholeheartedly because of many other reasons, her leaving the place willingly being among them. "I can't speak for Moonspear as a whole, but I can promise you that I won't be your enemy. Will that do?" she asked.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela sighed softly when the female spoke of having her reasons. Perhaps she was just unlucky in finding uncomplicated wolves. Vela did find this female interesting though, which was probably the reason why she kept being friendly towards the other and didn't move on right away. "Veeri," she repeated. It was a very pretty name, Vela must admit. "That actually sounds very pretty," she admitted, while looking into those green eyes.

Vela slowly nodded when the female said that she wouldn't be her enemy. If she would be, Vela would be ready to fight. However, somehow it didn't sit well with her to rebel against her family. Clearly this female knew about Moonspear, and she had said that some of her pack members might see her as an enemy. Vela sighed. She didn't understand why this female would be labeled as such. "Are you traveling for a reason?," she then asked curiously. "I never really travel," she admitted. "I am so used to stay with my family," she explained.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Thank you, I like it as well. The wolf, who gave me this name, was very fond of stars and seemed to know a great deal about astrology. He said that there is a star of the same name that glows green," Wraen explained, though having her doubts about the truth of the facts, because all the stars looked the same to her on those rare occasions, where she cared to look up and focus. 

"I was a high-ranking wolf in my pack, alongside my friends and brother, but after a while the weight of the crown got too difficult to bear and I decided to put it aside and give it to someone else," she spoke in metaphors that she was so fond of. "I travelled a lot in my first year with my parents and siblings and, though I have sought out a settled and calm life after that, I think that the so called travel bug never left me. I am endlessly curious about, what the world has to offer," she spoke with a smile, recalling all of the adventures she had had so far. 

"You are still young and it's never late to start out, if you really wish to do so," she reassured the girl that she had not missed anything yet. "But there are a lot of people, who much rather prefer a stable and safe life in an established pack. If that suits them and makes them happy, it's nothing to be ashamed of."
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela listened with interest to the female. She knew her father liked the stars as well, she wondered if he knew this term as well. However, maybe she shouldn't ask him, as this female had not been good with her pack. She just couldn't understand what was there to hate or dislike about this female. Vela wasn't even bothered that this wasn't the female's real name.

Then the female started to explain about her life. She had been a high ranking wolf then. She had never seen a wolf step down from a high rank. But then again it was quite admirable as well that she stepped down. She had traveled before. "That is cool. I am curious about the world, but then not so curious that I would be ready to leave my family. I think," she spoke thoughtfully.

Vela thought about it. She had traveled with her father and brother. Plus, her brother also wanted to travel with her to other locations. If she wanted to travel she really should start with him. Then she had a bit of her family with him. Not that she was afraid to travel alone, it was just less fun. "Perhaps so," she agreed. Maybe in the end she would be a wolf that would like to stay within the comfort of a pack. "Don't you get lonely?," Vela wondered then.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Lonely - no, not really," Wraen shook her head, "my sister travels with me." Early in her journey, when Maia had not yet arrived, she had felt the pressure of loneliness and need for company, but she had got used to it after a while. Being busy had definitely helped and surprisingly there had been quite a few lone wolves like her or adventurous pack wolves, who had been happy to have a chat. 

"I have to admit that it is more difficult in the beginning, but you learn to handle it and then it's kind of part of your life. Loneliness, I mean," she had no better explanation for Vela, because her experience, when she decided to take her first adventure, would be entirely different. Some people were simply not cut out for it.
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela was surprised to hear that the female wasn't lonely, there was a reason for it. The explanation followed soon after. She was traveling with her sister. A sliver of jealously went through Vela. She didn't really understand why, but the idea of traveling with this female sounded great. Vela kind of wanted to get her know her better. She seemed very different from the wolves she met so far. Plus, she was highly curious why this female was an enemy as she couldn't figure it out.

"Would you be open to have others travel with you for awhile?," she asked curiously. Maybe she could join the female for a short period. She was curious about the traveler's life. She had only known living in a pack. Maybe it would be good for her to find out what life was on the move. "I would be open to try it," she hinted.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Isn't it a little unwise to trust a stranger so much on the first meeting?" Wraen replied with a question of her own, her voice not unkind and not forbidding. She would not mind Charon's daughter joining her, it would be refreshing to get to know an Ostrega wolf, who was not yet poisoned by that possessive greediness and twisted understanding of, how the world and people worked, of her parents and older sisters. On the other hand, if that meant that Cerberus would be lurking around in the shadows, Wraen did not want to have anything to do with the freckled princess before her. 

"I am not the only traveller in this area or in the world - you could ask and join anyone from your family for starters," she said. "Because, if I take you with me now, it means a lot of responsibility on my shoulders. It's not all daisies and rainbows - the vagabond lifestyle. There is danger, there are more disappointments and failures than moments, when you can actually enjoy it. And you have to get used to the fact that you can go hungry for days at time. Hunting on your own is not the same as in the group."
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela thought about that for a moment. She already knew her answer: Yes. However, she felt a bit reckless. "Well yes, but I had my fighting training so if I would attacked I would not be completely useless," she pointed out. 'However, I don't get a vibe that you are going to attack me," she added. So in Vela's mind there was no danger here. She completely disregarded being manipulated or misguided.

The female did have a point. She should ask her family if she could travel, and if she would start with Jarilo she might be able to find the female again. "My brother spoke about wanting to scout Tuktu, the area behind the mountains. Would I be able to find you there? Maybe meet you again?" Vela spoke. She nodded to the female. "I understand that it isn't easy. Hence why I'd like to try it," she admitted. "I can care for myself. I am not some pup that needs protecting," she assured the other. "And if we would be together we would be somewhat in a group," she pointed out.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I might not be that person, but be careful - looks can be deceiving," Wraen replied and smiled. She was not going to take the girl with her just yet, but on the other hand she did not want to turn her down either. Therefore she chose, what she thought was the golden middle road. 

"Tell you then this - I will return here in a few weeks time and call out for you. Then we can go on an adventure of your choosing," she said. "Or, I will call sooner, in case I meet that white-bodied, black-faced wolf you were looking for," she added. "I have to go now, but see you then."
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela looked at Veeri. She had met a dark figure once, who had not told her his name. So with Veeri giving her a name, even though fake because of reasons, she felt her intentions were good. However, she had not forgotten the whole ordeal with Drogon. So, perhaps she should be more guarded. Her ears folded back for a moment, she disliked to think of that.

"I like that," Vela admitted. "Alright, I will be listening," Vela spoke and then dipped her head. 'Goodluck on your travels." She let the female go, mostly because she had a lot to digest herself. She never instantly liked someone, and felt like she had to meet them again. That was curious. Most exciting was the prospect of having to meet Veeri again!! She would live to those moments. In the meanwhile, the young girl had completely forgotten her quest.

- end -