Sun Mote Copse Story of how wren became the chief of all birds
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"That's something I never gave much thought," Wraen replied, thinking about "what happened after" part of the story. The person, who had come up with the tale (or had witnessed it him-/herself, who knows...), had had an intention to give a valuable lesson not to be over-confident in one's abilities. The eagle hadn't won the competition, because he had relied on his strength alone and had not considered any of the other birds as his competition. That was a pitfall. A flaw. But would eagle have learned the lesson after the race was over and wren was declared a winner? People rarely changed, therefore Wraen's best bet was - no - he did not. He probably declared wren a pesky cheater, who was in no way fit to rule the big and great nation of birds of prey. As she thought about this, she could almost hear in her head his condescending words - to think that me - the mighty eagle - have to bow to a winged rat?

"I think that wren did, what he did to prove a point. Never underestimate the other competitors. If he was smart enough to win an eagle, he was also smart enough to realize that in no way could one bird rule the others," she explained. "This kind of goes together with, how I became a leader in my former pack. I was promoted - what I believe was my hard work and dedication - but it was more a whim of then leading female. Her mate had a right hand and she wanted to have one too," she recounted the very informal way Liffey had offered her to step up in ranks.

"It was an interesting experience, but one that I do not want to repeat. I was not happy," she shrugged, leaving out the part, where there were people, who weren't too happy to have her as a leader too. Treason - for one - and she imagined that Terance was very relieved to get his neurotic sister off his chest too. "I like, what I have now - friends and freedom."
Messages In This Thread
Story of how wren became the chief of all birds - by Wraen - January 26, 2019, 02:51 PM
RE: Story of how wren became the chief of all birds - by Wraen - February 06, 2019, 02:21 PM