Stone Circle not all who wander are lost
i must become a lionhearted girl
12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Joining 
she had gone through the mire. probably not a great thing to do but there it was. her reddish coat was sticky with muck and she had bent down several times to clean it. too skittish to remain still for long in this foreign place, Winnie tried to move quickly. the hooting of owls at the night made her run and the roars of unknown beasts caused her to sprint. the girl wanted nothing to do with predators larger than she was. it was a wonder she had even come this far without harm. maybe just dumb luck.

she didn't know the name of this place but would stand in awe at the border to look inward. the stones were a massive sight. breathtaking actually. her mouth would hang open, amazement clear in her autumn gaze. Papa had told her to be respectful of packs. she wasn't stupid. she'd hang back and wait for someone to notice her. but after a while, minutes passed and she was sure nobody did. lifting her head, she'd let out a weak little call. half fear and half hope. she felt herself whimper, hanging her head in submission without being told.

Winnie didn't know what to expect. she merely stood as still as possible, trying not to look as pathetic as she felt.
0/5 0/5
major focus on children, therapy, plants, and the ecosystem
winnie has androphobia and encounters with male characters will spook her
do not take this personally.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It had been dark for a while now and after a busy day marking borders and keeping an eye out for threats, the female had retired for the night. Unfortunately for her, a noise caught her attention before she fell into the trace of sleep. Ira pushed herself to her paws, the sluggishness slowly being shaken from her limbs as she searched for the call. Soon the roan woman would draw near to Easthollow's trademark stones. If she was correct, the howl had come from somewhere around the center.

A few moments would pass as Ira scanned the surroundings, acutely aware of her surroundings until golden orbs landed on a small female. She raised her head to use her full height to question the newcomer, and while her words came off with authority, there was no malice. It was clear that the stranger was no threat, at least not to the large woman. She was certain she could win a fight if it came to it, but based on the other's expression she was very timid gaining a slightly softer approach. Greetings. You travel through Easthollow's territory, please identify yourself and state your purpose.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Winnie felt herself cringe inward and outward at the stranger's presence. the other woman was so much bigger than her and commanded presence easily. her head lowered, even more, her shoulders hunched and inwardly she thought this was a bad idea. a very, very bad idea. maybe she should just go. maybe they didn't want her here. nobody wanted a useless wolf. then the woman opened her mouth, speaking.

w...was that a bit of kindness? even though it was full of authority, the tone was a bit soft. autumn gaze lifted to view the other. it was clear she was still spooked but she tried to relax. "m-my name is Winona" the girl would offer to her, ears flat against her skull "I didn't... I... am I trespassing? I'm sorry." she knew this had been a pack but she didn't know how far she had gone into their territory. pack life... she was useless with such things. she'd never been part of one before. but it was a good place to start, wasn't it?

"I just... arrived here. I don't know where I am, who to approach... t-the stones" she lifted her head even more with a soft smile as she gazed at them "sort of... drew me in. I wanted t-to meet the people who lived here. see if I could join..." she was rambling, wasn't she? oh dear. she expected to be cast aside now, driven off.
0/5 0/5
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Seeing the girl's reaction, Ira let her muscles relax. There was no need to frighten her, even if she was close to their land. Winona had only been curious about their stones, something many found appealing when they entered Easthollow. She gave a shake stern shake of her head before responding, You're awfully close to it, but you called which means you aren't trying to. 

Ira studied the red wolf as she rambled. She spoke of joining which wasn't really up to her decision, but she could at least find where the other's talents lie. She definitely was not a warrior that's for sure, and with her nature, Ira doubted she was a skilled hunter. However, there were many other things to be talented in that would bring used to the pack. Most of the wolves in Easthollow hunt or scout the surrounding areas. Wouldn't you like to know what kind of pack you are getting yourself into before requesting to join? This girl was definitely an interesting one. She seemed to leap before she could stand, but Ira would continue without a response.

Easthollow prides itself on our unconventional pack structure. We are a family here, and as such we expect every member to pull their weight. You can consider almost everyone to be the same rank, although we are led by our Matriarch and Patriarch. Are there any talents you hold that might provide beneficially?
12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"oh!" Winnie's face took on a deeper red at the other's logic. she should have asked, not be romanticized right away by the stones surrounding this place. stones were pretty, but she knew this didn't make her seem ideal for a recruit. she'd dip her head, gaze on the ground as she replied. "I, um, never joined a pack before" she'd confess "I wasn't raised in one. I sorta... set off on my own and thought it was a good idea to join one..." potentially not the first she saw but oh well. she knew she wasn't strong but she had some wits. even if they weren't showing right now.

she'd listen to the explanation, giving a few nods where it counted. her lips pressed together at the 'unconventional structure', thinking it was better than having ranks and too many rules. she didn't want to bow her head to anyone as she passed them by and felt this Easthollow was reasonable enough. she certainly wanted to be part of a new family. "I - uh - I know how to heal some things" she would reply at last, trying to force a proud smile "and um, I'm interested in plants" sometimes they were better than people "I may n-not be a good talker, but I listen well. I want to help people with their problems..." for her own was not so easy to fix.

"I like children" Winnie would add with a wag of her tail "if... if Easthollow has pups, I can help t-the parents. play games, help them with skills. but I'm... still learning everything" she confessed, feeling it best to be honest about it. "I c-could be someone's apprentice. I could learn more." if they let her.
0/5 0/5
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
How a wolf like Winona survived on her own without a pack puzzled the mountain wolf, but she would not question it. Perhaps she was more skilled than she appeared. Although as she went on, Ira's eyes grew a spark in the darkness. While it was not her decision if the newcomer joined, a healer was never bad to have around. Especially with their lack of expertise in that field currently and whatever threat that hurt Evergreen still lurking.

It was true that pups were expected and having someone skilled in that nature might be of help to Valette, but all the same, she recalled when she first joined. Valette did not want her anywhere near Arlette or Merrit, with good reason. They could take care of the new young without the help of some outsider. Realizing she had been standing silent for a while she gave a bow of her head as an apology before howling for preferably @Valette or her father @Greyback. Please excuse my silence, but if you can treat wounds and are still interested then you might be of good use to us. However, I am not the Matriarch so the decision of your acceptance is not up to me. I've called for one of our leaders to make their own assessment.
12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; last post here until either show up =D thanks for snagging it

she knew it wasn't going to be that easy. as the woman lifted her head to call for the people who could accept her, Winnie tried not to let her head dip. she didn't feel right, explaining herself yet again, but supposed it was needed to find a new home. "t-thank you" she'd burst out, for she still appreciated the woman's presence here. she didn't need to talk with her but she had found the time to greet her. she was patient with the girl. she felt herself try to recline before remembering she was a guest here. her rear shot back up, waiting for the people who had been called. "I... I can wait." she'd add.
0/5 0/5
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
No problem! I need some threads to count towards my traits anyways haha short post waiting for val or grey
Ira gave a nod in acknowledgment as Winona confirmed her interest. She watched as the red female started to relax before standing again leading to the roan woman taking a seat herself. Afterall it was late, she could spare the formalities for now. You may sit. It might be a long wait due to the hour.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
In the dead of night he had awoken to the curt call of Ira, her voice echoing from the Easthollow border.

Ah—a newcomer then.

Blinking the sleep from his eyes with a disgruntled huff, The Patriarch turned to find Valette asleep, a halo of moonlight surrounding her frame much like a crown. He stared at her longingly, not having to heart to wake her for something so trival when she was so deep into her pregnancy. He only bid her a sweet touch of his nose to her temple before silently slipping out from the den.

The lack of sleep was evident under his eyes as the thundering man made his way down to the two, his form hulking and fur reflecting what little light was cast upon the land. He stared at his daughter and the girl, his eyes scrutinizing the red one with a raised brow before he cleared his throat to speak, attempting the dislodge the grogginess it held. "What goes, Ira?"

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Cameo!!

Valette had not even heard the soft howl coming from the joiner. She had been in a deep sleep. The pups took a lot of energy out of her so even when Ira howled the female had not noticed. Valette had been curled close to Greyback so when he moved, she didn't really wake up but stirred briefly and got into a lighter sleep. She groggily turned her head when her source of warmth was gone and touched her temple. She only cracked one eye open to see Greyback make an exit. Probably going on his morning patrol or something.

Valette scooted over at the warm spot Greyback left and curled up tightly as she could with her large belly to stay warm and cozy. The female closed her eyes and dozed off again. Thinking how Greyback found the will to have these morning patrols, as she figured that was what the male was going to do. She decided she found her rest more important than getting up so early!
12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
holy crap. if she thought the woman was big, this man was even larger. Winona would flinch away as he approached, hating herself for immediately thinking terrible things. her head hung lower and she didn't meet his eyes at first. he wouldn't address her, speaking to the other she had been speaking to called Ira. Winnie would shoot a glance to the woman, clearly disturbed by the man's presence here around her. 

but she had never met this man before and assumed it was rude to not look at him. she tried, a soft almost invisible whimper escaping as she looked upon him. he cut an imposing figure to be sure. if this was one of the leaders, she was having second thoughts. that isn't fair she told herself, rooting her trembling legs to the ground. he hasn't done anything to you. "h-hello, s-sir" she yipped, shooting her gaze back to the ground. even ruder not to address him; even if he didn't look long at her.

"I...I've come to j-join Easthollow. I'm a-a healer" she decided to cut it across shortly over a long explanation. she'd leave the rest to Ira.
0/5 0/5
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Luckily for Ira and Winona the wait was short, although she wouldn't lie that she was displeased to see her father. The mountain wolf had little patience for his presence at this hour. It made sense though, with pups on the way why would Valette get up for a stranger in the middle of the night? She would give a nod in acknowledgment and play along for now. What she speaks of is true. Someone interested in plants and healing might be good with past events in mind. That and your future litter. Her eyes would stay locked on the large man beside her, waiting to gauge his reaction about her knowledge and make his own judgement of the timid woman before them.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Flicking his ear to the soft voice, Greyback turned to meet the reddened newcomer with a raised brow. Though it was dark, he could see her trembling frame and reluctance to look at him. Perhaps if he was another man he would take it for arrogance, perhaps aloofness as well, but Greyback was not this man, no. Upon going through scenarios in his mind The Patriarch softened his gaze and tone as he smiled down at her much like a sire would to his whelps.

He listened to Ira as she spoke, but didn't turn to meet her. They were in need of healers within Easthollow, and while a few had joined and showed interest, he was not around and involved enough with the pregnancy to see the progress. Experience little or great, the man would not be taking chances on Valette's life and health during such a strenuous time.

"Look up, Young one." He commanded softly. "The ground holds no favors nor your destiny—there is no need to be afraid. What is your name?"

12 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"I-I..." the girl would stumble, trailing off at his words. her autumn gaze would close, trying hard to find the courage she had briefly had on the start of her journey. her breathing was ragged at the prospect of looking into a man's eyes and she tried to settle herself before having a complete panic attack. a stifled tremble and a few moments later, she felt her nose rise. her gaze would open, staring at the face of the very large man. 

his words had been kind but he was still an unknown. yet, her more reasonable mind said, if he was the one that had been called by Ira... he was a 'ruler' here, wasn't he? it was good to get past this introduction, perhaps be accepted, and then she could avoid him entirely. probably not a nice thing to think but oh well. "W...Winona" she breathed at last. "I'm... I'm Winona, s-sir. I... I'm sorry. I'm not u-used to many p-people." it was perhaps a bit degrading to his presence if she admitted it was him and his gender.
0/5 0/5
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The man did not even flinch at her slight prodding. Something that could only bother Ira, and it did. Personal issues aside, her attention was drawn back to the newcomer who only seemed to cower more under her father's figure. The roan wolf could not really fault her, the man was a giant, and to anyone who did not know him, intimidating. That being said his combat skills lacked, but who was Winona to know.

Ira had no words to add now, simply choosing silence as Greyback made his assessment.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Winona.

"Where do you hail from, Winona?" Greyback tossed the name on the tongue lightly whilst maintaining eye contact with the young wolf, his gaze continuing to burn through her. It seemed his words did little to settle her quivering frame, and with a jested sigh he stood tall once again, abandoning his soft look. "There's need to sprout atonement's at me young one—but, do you mean to say that you are uncomfortable being around others but wish to join a pack?"

Knowing that she was displeased with his daughter and his presence made him prod at her lightly with the question.