Cedar Sweep From the wight lying in the barrow
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Sounds like a plan," Wraen agreed readily, watched Niamh take her position and remained, scanning the herd members to see, which one she should single out. She had enough respect for the hooved beasts not to underestimate their ability to flee and to place well-aimed kicks. Younger might mean less-experienced, but by no means stupid. From the moment they were born, they knew, how to flee danger. Any kind. 

None of the youths seemed to be injured or any weaker than the rest, besides there were older animal mixed inbetween. One false movement would scare them all, cause a stampede and if they did not want the risk of being trampled, they would be left to watch them go. Pursuing, however, one animal until exhaustion seemed a more desirable option. Wolves had endurance, patience and time on their side, the deer - did not.

"Alright, Elfie," she addressed the boy, who was already trembling from excitement of the upcoming hunt. "The key here is not to scare them - as long as you will walk calm and appear disinteressed, they will pay no mind to you. Don't make sudden movements, don't try to take them on your own. Even the weakest fawn here is stronger than you and an easily kill you with sharp kick on the forehead," she was exaggerating the danger a little, but the boy needed to understand that this was no joke. 

"You go that way, I will scan this way. Watch, what I am doing and help, when I tell you so," she told the youngster and began padding towards the group.
Messages In This Thread
From the wight lying in the barrow - by RIP Niamh - August 27, 2019, 02:33 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Wraen - September 27, 2019, 03:32 AM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Merlin - September 27, 2019, 03:41 AM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by RIP Niamh - October 02, 2019, 01:49 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Wraen - October 03, 2019, 06:53 AM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Merlin - October 03, 2019, 07:35 AM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by RIP Niamh - October 15, 2019, 10:26 AM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Wraen - October 18, 2019, 02:32 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Merlin - October 23, 2019, 01:00 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by RIP Niamh - October 23, 2019, 09:49 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Wraen - October 29, 2019, 01:53 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Merlin - November 01, 2019, 02:38 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by RIP Niamh - November 05, 2019, 03:44 PM
RE: From the wight lying in the barrow - by Wraen - November 07, 2019, 04:44 PM