Northstar Vale Chandelier's still flickering here.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
934 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Congrats!! That's awesome. Have my.. 32nd? lol.
He had never seen this side to her before—gone was the confident imp that had lead him through the forests and meadows, the alluring looks she had given him now replaced with a nervousness that caused his mouth to go dry. Her next words stirred him, a slight frown pulling at his broad features, tensing as he restrained from moving forward and sweeping her into his embrace. Things had suddenly gotten very real—the consequences of their youthful and carefree actions.

“Ibis,” he started, rolling his shoulders back as he studied her carefully. Usually uncertain in his own ways when it came to her, he found his voice finding a certain steel—determination. “Of course I’m going to stay. You’re not in this alone.”

A father. It was never something he had quite pictured in the near future—and he wasn’t sure what he thought of it. “Why would you ever think it’s unfair? We… We did this.” He paused, his ears swiveling back to his skull as he realized that his words could have been misconstrued—that he believed this to be a mistake. He didn’t. “It takes two to make kids,” he quietly corrected, inhaling and exhaling. Grounding himself.

That was when he moved forward. His stride sure, but his touch tender and uncertain as he made to wrap around her and offer her the solid rock he would need to be for her. For their family.

No sooner did his muzzle reach to place a chaste kiss to her did she mention marriage—and he paused, his form stiffening. “I—“ he cut himself off, blinking at her. Was this a law of Reiko’s? “Is that what you want?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 12, 2020, 08:06 PM
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 13, 2020, 01:30 PM
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 17, 2020, 09:05 PM
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 26, 2020, 07:06 AM