Sawtooth Spire *Knock-Knock* Daddy's Home
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Star and @Wylla/@Mahler. Not sure if this is the "joining" thread so I left it unmarked. Referencing @Hieronymous & @Ira. Time: Midday

Throughout the night and into most of today a light rain had joined Howl on his journey to Sagtannet from Kaistleoki. In most circumstances, he would have waited out the rain or left on a different day. But if he had found a place to wait, he would still be waiting as this rain had originated prior to Wednesday this week. But most importantly what awaited him at Sagtennet couldn't wait. His soon to be born children. But that also meant that his recently born girls would have to wait. There was just too much waiting... It felt so strange, this journey. The feeling of excitement for Star and his children combating the guilt of leaving behind his girls back in Kaistleoki. Prior to leaving he made sure Conner would look after the girls while he was gone, and he spoke with Hieronymous to make sure Ira knew he planned on being gone for the next few weeks. He wasn't sure if it would be for that long, but he didn't want any more wolves waiting on him.

The light rain turned into a mist in the air clinging to Howl's already sopping wet fur. Compared to everything else on his mind it bothered him little. This was the first time he had approached Sagtannet's borders. When he spoke with Star last they were close by and she told him the direction to travel. Perhaps he had forgotten or she had merely not told him, but as he made the journey to the Sawtooth Spire the rocky terrain was more difficult to traverse then he initially thought it would be. Luckily for him, the mountain range was one he had frequented many times in his past. Eventually, he made it to the pack border, easily distinguishable by the pack's markings. He made sure not to cross it without permission and called out to Star known the leaders and possibly others would also arrive at the call of a stranger.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a man of smoke and fire at his borders. mahler trusted no one these days, least of all a strange male arriving so soon after his son had disappeared. it was with his own storm that the gargoyle arrived, silhouetted against the misted rain. he trotted through it, hard pads gripping easily the land he had come to know.
why was star's name in this man's throat? mahler fretted that he already knew the answer — the event that had led him to betray his word to takiyok now stood at their sodden borders. stare of cold lilac haunted the well-built details of the man, and the eisen descended with a tall bristle of guard hairs shivering along his shoulders.
he said nothing, only looked upon the unknown wolf with a great warning harsh in his eyes: speak well or lose your blood.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
A black and gray male emerged from the mist with a turn look on his face. It was far from welcoming but also a lot different than sheer anger. He said nothing, but the look in his eye was one of expectation. Waiting for Howl to speak. Howl had the feeling this man wasn't into small talk or introduction and so he attempted to lay it all out on the table without giving everything away.

"Hello, Sir" he began. "I am Howl. I come at the petition of Star to witness the bearing of our children," he declared. "Are you one able to provide such a request?" Howl asked unsure if this was the leader to that pack.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
howl. star. "you are the father?" he grunted rhetorically. eyes roved over the male: he was well-made and respectful. mahler's tail began its descent from far-flung over his hips, gaze softening for a single moment. "have you come to join her here?" thade was gone; thade was gone, his mind shouted, reminding him with an axeblow to awareness that he must suspect all comers.
he did not speak again, only placed the hard stone of his eyes from howl to the horizon, and then back again. heartsick sou stirred; he was suddenly restless, wanting this to be ended so that he might return to his thus-fruitless search.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"Yes I am," he said with a hint of pride in his voice. It was something that could be said with certainty. Something he couldn't say so confidently about his other children this year. The male relaxed his stance seemingly declaring that Howl presented no immediate threat. 

'Have you come to join her here?' It wasn't as straight forward as it could be. He wanted to be here with her and their children, but the question wasn't specific enough to ask if he meant to join the pack. "Yes. I wish to be with her and our children as much as I can" he confessed unaware that he may have interpreted the man's questions incorrectly.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She was slow to arrive, delayed by the heaviness of her stomach, coming behind Mahler humbly. She knew he would know now through Wylla, but still had been afraid to talk to him lately- and there was Howl, at the border. Did he wish to join? Her heart swelled momentarily... but there was no guarantee of his intentions. Mahler was not always the most easygoing, she knew, and so she prayed that Howl might choose his words carefully... and hung back as silent support, willing him to impress the Eisen well.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler twitched an ear as star's gravid tread approached. he wished to be reproachful of this man, to chase him from the borders. but star had been dutiful to sagtannet, and mahler's irritation was misplaced. softened further, he regarded the impending father with a thoughtful stare, glancing briefly along his shoulder toward star.
"vhat is your name? i am mahler. this is sagtannet." surely he knew these things already.
a moment of silence and then the eisen spoke again. "i vill allow you to be present vhen they arrive." whatever was decided after such things would be decided later; for now he could think only, chokingly, of thade, and his baptism into fatherhood. that could not be denied another.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Didn't see this right away. Not sure how I "unsubscribed" from the thread.

When Star emerged, enlarged belly and all, Howl couldn't help but smile and his tail wagged. But only momentarily as he was reminded of the states at hand. This Mahler male had no reason to trust Howl, though he assumed he could trust Star, and that was the only reason they were having a discourse now. Mahler introduced himself and asked for Howl to do the same. "I am Howl. A noble physician of Kaistleoki" he offered. 

There was a moment of silence and then Mahler made a claim granting him the ability to be there at this children's birth. This notion was a joyous one, but Howl wasn't daft not to notice it lacked something. Future circumstances. "I appreciate that greatly Mahler." his statement was genuine. He thought about leaving it at that, but he didn't want that to be his only visit. "And if there's anything you or your pack needs that I can assist within exchange for visitation with my family. I'd be willing to appease those needs" he said firmly and legitimately.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
At Mahler's decree that Howl could be present at the birth, the pale matron breathed out a little sigh of relief. It was not much, but even that privilege helped. Howl introduced as a Kaistleoki wolf, which Star had a vague knowledge of- and offered his own agreement to whatever standard Mahler might set. That made Star just slightly nervous- she knew Mahler may have high standards. She usually met Sagtannet's standards just fine, but he might not go so easily on an outsider who only intended to visit.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
a physician, though mahler did not know the name of the pack from which he hailed. "hunting here is alvays velcome," the gargoyle murmured. it was an uncommon situation, to be sure, but wylla had already vented her great wrath upon him. in this endeavor, he gained a temporary hunter.
an outsider within the confines of sagtannet was an unwelcome thought; mahler would keep howl to star's densite, beneath the watchful eyes of the mountain wolves. for now, he stepped back, gesturing that the newcomer should follow. "star, if u vould," he grunted. he would trail them somewhat, out of earshot, but this must be the way of things.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The alpha's comment wasn't strong and Howl had a feeling it wouldn't get him far, but at least it was something. While he was out of the territory he would try and catch something, mainly for Star, but if the opportunity arose he would also bring something back for the pack's caches. Mahler then gestured to Star asking her to take the lead in guiding Howl through the territory. 

It felt as though a great weight had been taken off his shoulders once Howl crossed the border, but he knew it was only the first step over the great mountain he would still have to climb. He walked up to Star with a big smile on his face but didn't make an advance to kiss or embrace her as he didn't think PDA would be appreciated by Mahler at this moment. But Howl would be open to any advance Star should make.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
yo I totally forgot about this sorry yall... wrapping

Mahler seemed to accept Howl's offer in a way, and then directed Star to take the lead. And so she stepped forward, offering Howl a gentle smile but feeling too awkward under the watchful gaze of Mahler to commence any further friendly PDA. Soon they had crossed the borders, and Star would lead him without stall to her den, quietly chatting with him all the while.