Nova Peak I'll put everything at stake to have you
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
All Welcome 
AW! relatively fast paced preferred to help move quickly but ultimately I dont mind either way

Star was at the base of the mountain. She had picked herself away from her new den, a small hollow in wall of stone, early that morning while her children still slept. Here where stone met dirt once again, trees gathered in tight clusters. She wove among them, learning the terrain as she could, stopping every so often to rub Sagtannet scent onto a tree. She enjoyed her alone time, and yet missed the frequent company of adults- much of the past few weeks had been spent with her children, who were great in other ways, but not great for conversation or hunting partners.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
on mobile so I can keep these shorter than my usual rigamarole :D

mahler had not yet chosen a place to sleep. he had reverted for the time being to the way it had been in diaspora, and slept out of doors when it was prudent.
during his marking and patrolling, all in the endless rain, the gargoyle had searched for some tracery of green where phaedra might make a new garden, though he knew it would not be the same.
on a break he sought along the matron's trail and found where star had made her den. politely, a pika hanging from his jaws, mahler stole closer and chuffed for her attention. "star."
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
<3

The gentle chuff of Mahler, and of course the call of her name, caught Star's attention. Her ears swiveled, and head followed, as the small woman turned to face the eisen. Dark gaze flit down to the little mammal that hung in his teeth, and she smiled gently. Greetings, Mahler. I would ask how you're doing so far, but... it looks like the land is already treating you well? She joked, referring to the successful catch.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
<3

he chuckled, setting down his catch and nudging it in her direction. "now, if only the rain vould stop." he shook out his ruff, settled a short distance away.
he had never been upset with star, not truly. marble and calcifer would be true members of sagtannet, as she had been all this time. and with all that had gone on, mahler found he simply had no energy to belatedly scold the woman for her decision. howl had been an attentive father despite the distance, and the shadowpriest did not have a comment to make. "vhat do you think of the place so far?"
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Even as he nudged the meal towards her, she was hesitant, but as he settled some distance away she laid down to do the same, and began to pick at the carcass. At his comment she chuckled, flicking an ear which sent some small droplets flying. The storm of the year, maybe. She agreed quietly. Star appreciated the constant kindness of Mahler; in spite of her own mistakes he had not cast her off into the world as he had done to Praimfaya. Even as outsiders might think Mahler cold, in truth she found he was greatly merciful- at least, she perceived him in this way. To his question, Honestly, now that we are gone from Sawtooth, I believe I can say this without shame... I like this land much better. There is more to see, and I think it will be a friendlier home for the children.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
star had never been so firm; she seemed content to fade into the backdrop of things with her growing brood. but her words rang true. sawtooth was a vast wilderness, too large for what had become family, and fraught with pitfalls.
"a new beginning, for us all," mahler agreed. "i had my misgivings coming so far, but i see that now sagtannet might be able to breathe more freely."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
500 :o

When he spoke of misgivings, Star could not help but to think of the boy, his son, Thade. Forever missing, and now truly left behind in the old home- even if he returned to Sawtooth, destined to find an empty place. Star wondered how Wylla and Mahler could bear such a weight, but would not dare to ask about it. She shook those thoughts from her mind, breathing more freely, yes, she nodded. After a quiet moment, shifting the topic slightly, but still Sagtannet's future on her mind, Do any of your children pursue healing by their own desire as you'd wished?
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
congrats!

he too thought of thade, of phaedra's garden, of all they had left behind. if his son did return, mahler was unsure how he might deal with such. acceptance had seemed to finally visit he and wylla, and while the gargoyle would always search for glimpses of the vanished child, his duty was to those who still lived, and still looked to him for leadership.
"not yet, though elke shows promise." he had not spoken of his daughters by nyx to another; in keeping his word he had all but made them a well-known, seldom-referenced secret. enough. "she and ciri had just moved to their rendezvous, but i suspect they vill velcome this place."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
ty c:

Elke showed promise, he said. That is good. She murmured. Star had never truly known if those children of Nyx's were Mahler's, but it had been somewhat assumed, whatwith the eisen's rank that allowed him to breed as he wished- not to mention one of the girls' darker color. Still, it was satisfying to have this confirmed. Star nodded to his next words, Maybe that will make it easier... if they didn't have time to get become accustomed to their first rendezvous... then they will not miss it so much, yeah? It would just be as if their move to the rendezvous was... extended a little further, she thought to herself, amused. I think they will find more joy here, anyway.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler nodded. "I found many pretty places here already." the field of gilded trees and their carpet of white flowers, the purple-round tops of fireweed nodding where the forest had been burned on another side of the mountain.
mahler, lying on his belly, shifted to one hip. "i think i might also. those harsh slopes vere beginning to make me feel an old man," he joked, for that he was, muzzle beginning to silver just here and there.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star nodded, thinking warmly of the stream she had walked a path beside with her daughter. Thinking of the high-rising slopes with their snow-capped peaks that she studied from below, imagining climbing as high as she could once she regained her strength. They had different ideas of beauty, but this place provided all. 

When Mahler shared that he felt an old man at their first home, Star could only laugh. You are far from old, She chuckled, reminiscing on when she was his age. You should soak up the youth you have left. I suppose it is best then, to move to a place that makes you feel youthful as well. She shrugged, though small grin played at her lips.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
in many ways, mahler felt that he could breathe more easily here. he was perhaps not ready to admit it, hiding the sentiment beneath a laugh of "tell that to my bones!" and letting his paw crook beneath him more comfortably. "plus, it is said that children age you somevhat," an addition that came as his eyes trailed after a flock of songbirds on the wing. "vhatever it is, let me lie to myself a vhile longer."
"kaistleoki is that vay," he indicated after a breath, "upon the other side of the sunspire." gaze returned to star. "i am sorry ve vere not able to speak vith howl before ve left."
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
I don't mind continuing but I'm also cool with wrapping this whenever, in case you want to get the claim threads done sooner : )

She hummed a little noise of agreement to the comment of the way children aged you. Her body had been put under great stress during pregnancy, but most taxing was the tireless nights of comforting crying babes; the age she felt when she could not run or explore, bound to the den. She knew there was only more coming- after this stage, talkative little things who might test boundaries and ask a million questions each day. After that, attitude. Star was unsure how she might handle these things, and decided she would cross these bridges when she came to them. 

Her gaze lifted to the birds, and then fell back to Mahler as he spoke. It's alright. She murmured. He may worry initially, but I hope sometime in the coming weeks I can visit, and tell him where we have settled...? Though she wished to carry out this mission, she would not do so without the eisen's given permission. After all, she knew how he felt about the man intruding on Sagtannet lands without joining them; if he wished to remove Howl from their life, this was one opportunity to do so.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
was gonna ask <3 i love this thread. fade & have a new one soon?

mahler had not thought of how howl could still fit into the lives of star's children. it was the first time he had seen such dedication, and he quietly admired howl for it. but with his bitter pragmatism came the thought that it could not last.
shame upon him. "of course," mahler answered, the vague smile of encouragement meant to hide the flare of guilt.
the strengthening of the rain reminded mahler that he could lollygag no longer, warmed as he was by getting to know star more closely. "i should return to it," the musiker grunted, reluctantly gathering himself up.
"this vas enjoyable, star," he said softly to the diminutive noblewoman, lilac stare lingering upon her. "please call to me if you are in need of anything."
if star needed nothing more, mahler would turn and traipse away, headed for the far-burnt ridge to continue his scouting of it.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
yay! sounds good <3

When he gave the permission, it was like a heavy weight had been lifted from her worried heart, knowing her children would not have to be permanently removed from their father. Thank you, Mahler. She offered, dipping her head slightly with a smile. As the eisen dismissed himself, she nodded understandably and gave him a farewell wave of her tail, watching idly as his dark figure disappeared from sight.